42. 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞

<<━━━ ▪︎ ● ▪︎ ━━━ >>>

<<━━━ ▪︎ ● ▪━━━ >>>

One week later,

The window's transparent glass clearly reflected the storm happening outside, trees were full of swaying and clouds became absolute grey. Neum absent mindedly squinted her eyes on an abandoned red umbrella that was lying outside the gate bearing nature's savagery.

Wasn't she was at same place few days ago?

The abandoned umbrella looked somehow relatable to her.

"What are you thinking Honey?"

She heard Jungkook, as he took calculative steps towards her. He stood behind her and followed her gaze silently.

The female looked down chuckling softly.

"Thinking about how unpredictable is life.....just two weeks ago I was with Taehyung under a same roof taking all his abuses....I..." she paused breathing deeply. Her brain involuntarily recalled bitter past.

"Six years ago, after he took me here in America he forcefully made me sign a marriage contract. I still didn't drop the idea to escape even though I was in a foreign country....with no support no one to help me or to know me.....I still didn't gave up....but then I came to know about my pregnancy. I was three weeks pregnant at that time....I knew you were the father...I was so blissful, I couldn't believe I could also conceive. Doctor told me that even though how much I am in a stable condition I can never conceive a baby but I did...it was the only thing that made me feel alive and courageous but when Taehyung came to know about my pregnancy....he didn't force me to go for abortion but instead did more worse than that....." the corner of her eyes fluttered, hot tears falling on her cheekbones. Jungkook pressed his lips together in sadness looking down.

"He used my unborn child to threaten me. He molded me to his liking using my Seungyo. I wanted to save my child and wanted to see him escape out of that jail so I accepted everything...everything he said.. everything he pleased." She turned to face him as her chin wobbled in an uncertain fear.

".....until and unless I don't see him serving punishment for his deeds, I couldn't put myself into believing everything will be normal.....I don't trust him."

Jungkook smiled softly and ruffled her hair with a hint of warmth in his gesture.

"He's in custody Nae, two days ago only he was being arrested. "

"What?" She gasped, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Jungkook sighed caressed her cheeks wiping the tears away,

"Cause I don't want you to think about that scumbag. You have a habit of taking unnecessary tension and nowadays I am even noticing grey hair on your head. Gosh you're becoming Ajumma."

Neum's expression turned sour as she kicked Jungkook's ass. He stumbled forward but balanced himself in time before kissing the floor.

He looked at her with shock written on his face.