Chapter - 33

Xavier's POV-

The moment I saw her sitting on the dirty floor with a gun pointing towards her head, was the scariest moment of my life.

My heart was in my mouth. My mind didn't work. Only thanks to the officer who took care of that kidnapper before he could harm Anna.

We got all the proofs, we needed to get her uncle-aunt arrested in that place and those kidnappers accepted their crime easily.

Getting court's notice was the hard part but my friend, who is a prosecutor helped me with it. We tried our best to finish that in time.

I didn't get the time to thought about how I left her in that situation. I was angry at myself.

I would never let that happen again. Whatever happens, she will never face the pain or fear again.

.
.
.
.

We were sitting in my car. I was taking her to her house.

I didn't let go of her hand the whole time. My heart was still not settled down yet.

"I am fine, Xavier. I know you're scared but please at least loose your grip. My hand is starting to feel numb." Anna said slowly.

I immediately loosen my grip. I didn't realize that I was holding it so tightly.

She smiled at me and squeezed my hand back. I looked forward. My heart skipped a beat or two.

She is pretty even after suffering such an incident.

I shook my head. I felt like I fall for her more and more every minute.

.
.
.
.

We reached her house. We entered and heard some shouting and breaking of things.

I pulled Anna behind me. I took careful steps inside her house.

I saw the main hall was all scattered. I heard some noises coming from the kitchen.

"Rose, please. You will hurt yourself. Stop this. You are scaring me." Rita said.

"How could she do this to us? We let her live with us. You wait, Rita, I will kill that bitch." Rose said.

They were Anna's cousins. They were making scenes here.

"You stay back, I will talk to them." I told Anna.

She had tears running down her face. I took her face in my hands and kissed her forehead.

"It's not your mistake. They have to understand this. Okay? Wait for me here. You will not enter in anyhow situation, get it?" I instructed her.

I left her behind and slowly walked into the kitchen.

Rose had a glass bottle in her hand. That made me prepare myself for anything.

"Hello, there girls." I said cheerfully.

They both looked at me together. It was funny, their reaction after seeing me.

"You...if you are here then that bitch must be here too. Where is she? Anna...Anna..." Rose tried to walk out of the kitchen but I stopped her.

"Where are you going? Can't you see I am talking to you?" I said while holding her back.

"If you don't want to die then get out of my way." She said.

"Please Rose. Don't behave like this. It was our parent's mistake. They tried to kill Anna. It is a crime." Rita said.

Thank God, at least one of them had some sense. One person is less to handle.

"Rita, how could you say that? They are lying. Our parents did nothing wrong. And even if they tried to kill her then they must have a valid reason for doing it." Rose said to Rita.

"Are you listening to yourself. When did killing someone become reasonable. It is a crime, whatever is the reason was behind it." Rita looked shocked by Rose's reasoning.

"You bastard, just tell me where is she? Or otherwise..." She smashed the bottle on my head.

I felt the sharp pain in my head. I may have yelled because of the sudden attack because heard something which made my heart sink.

"Xavier..." She screamed from behind me. My body was feeling light but my heart was still pumping in full swing in fear.

I fear that I will not be able to protect her in this condition.

I looked behind me and saw Anna was standing by the kitchen door with shock on her face.

'Why...why did you come here? I clearly told you to wait outside.'

I wanted to tell her that but my mouth didn't cooperate with me. I was loosing sight. The last thing I saw was Anna running towards me but someone stopped her and when that person moved back I saw blood, oozing out of Anna.

Did she...did she got hurt?

With those last images, my eyes got closed.

I tried hard to keep them open. I tried to reach Anna but nothing was there.

I felt like I was falling into a bottomless hole.

****************

Hello, darlings.

It's tragic how their day ended.

But sometimes it doesn't mean to be.

See you guys soon.