Chapter - 38

Anna's POV

It had been 2 weeks since we were preparing for the exam and today was the exam.

I got discharged within few days. I had to go to my house. I requested Kate to stay with me at my house. I was very scared to stay alone. She brought her bag so she could stay for many days. Her parents allowed it. They knew what happened. Her mother loves me more than she does to Kate. Well, at least her mother and I show off in front of her.

She agreed to stay with me in my room. We were setting her clothes in my wardrobe when we heard the doorbell.
We got scared because I was not expecting anyone.

We get down and we heard some noises from the other side of the door.

"It's your mistake. They must be sleeping."

"Are you blind or just an idiot? Can"t you see the lights are on."

"Shut up and ring the bell again. And if they asked why are we here, you are going to take all the blame."

We both looked at each other and laughed at their irony.

I opened the door. "Will you both shut up? You will wake everyone up." I scolded them.

They quickly entered the house.
"What the hell are you guys doing here?" Kate asked with her arms folded, in a very intimidating way.

"We are here so you both don't get scared." David replied.

"Who's idea is this?" I asked. Already knowing the answer.

He didn't dare to meet my eyes.

And from that day they stayed at my house too but after the fourth day I kicked them out because they were disturbing our study. We had so much to do so Kate and I decided that they are the biggest nuisance in our study and kicked them out of my house.

.
.
.
.
.

Today was the exam. The boys came to pick us up from my house. We reached school together.

"I am so nervous. I feel like I know nothing." Kate was babbling about not getting good grades for her favorite college.

"Will you stop irritating us? You are overreacting." Xavier commented.

"You dog." Kate shouted back.

"Xavier, Kate behave." I told them.

"I never understand why they fight like dogs and cats." David added in between.

"David, don't be rude. Xavier, you can't say like that to her." I said.

"You never say anything to her. You always shut me up. This is not fair. I am your boyfriend." Xavier complained.

Kate: "And I am her best friend. So I come first."

Xavier: "Who said that?"

Kate: "I did"

"Shut up you both. You both are equally important to me. Now can we go inside?" I shouted again.

God! They will make me crazy one day.

I took kate's arm in my hand and started walking.

"See...see... She chooses me." Kate turned and teased Xavier.

"David, control your girlfriend." I heard Xavier saying to David. I just shook my head at their

They will never change but I still love them dearly.

.
.
.
.

We were sitting in a cafe. The exam is over. A big burden had taken off from us. We came here to celebrate.