Chapter- 23

Xavier's POV-

I really don't understand what has happened? Why the hell did she accept that punk's flower? Why she had tears in her eyes when she looked at me? Did she remember yesterday? That's not possible. Don't people usually forget after drinking? Well, she didn't drink but she did have hash brownies.

How can I let that bastard touch her? But she was the one who gave him permission.

Ohhh... This is so frustrating.

Half of the day went just like that. Thinking about the morning event. It's lunch now.

I will talk to her anyhow. She ignored me in the morning but now she can't.

When I reached the canteen, she was already sitting with that idiot. Rita was there too. I could clearly see that Anna was hell bored. No one was paying her any attention and she was also just ignoring them all.

I was eating my lunch, but unconsciously my eyes were going towards her. I saw that Rita was saying something to the girl beside her. Then she pointed towards Anna and laughed. It was clear she was planning to do something dirty again.

I saw Anna stood up from her place, she said something to Marcus and then started to move.

I stood up too. I wanted to talk to her and I just had this feeling that she will need me.

Just as I walked behind her, Rita put her leg between Anna's steps. Anna was about to fall but I caught her on time.

I glared at Rita. I just can't hit a girl, that's why I didn't do anything and took Anna's hand and started to walk away.

But someone stopped me.
"She is my girlfriend now. I can take care of her." Marcus was holding Anna back.

When did she become his girlfriend? Isn't this all a joke?

"Yeah, I can see how you are taking care of her. She was damn bored sitting here. You were not even paying her any attention. I saw what this girl was planning to do sitting over there but you didn't. How? How you are taking care of her." I said to Marcus.

"Were you only looking at this table all the time? Or is it only her that you were looking at?" That girl, Rita, asked.

Why would I answer them? It's my choice where I want to look or where don't.

"You, you are a girl only that's why you are still on your feet right now. Do something like this again, then I will show you how to play tricks. Then you will be regretting this day." I told Rita. I was very angry at that girl.

"Oh, so the dog can talk. I thought you are not allowed to talk." This girl has guts to stand and say something like that to me.

She turned to my Anna and said. "Hey you, orphan, control your dog." This is going too far. I was about to tell her off but before me, Anna walked up to her.
"What are you glaring at? Did I say something wrong? Are you not orphan or is he not your puppy who..." I can tell that Rita was a little afraid of Anna. Anna slapped her.

That's my girl. I am very proud she is changing from her shy nature to this bold one.

"You...you bitch." Rita was about to attack Anna. So I came in. I can not let them hurt her.

I told her to back off. I took Anna's hand again in mine and started to walk but she stopped. I saw it was from Marcus again.

This guy wants to die from my hand. He is daring to stop me. He doesn't know who I am.

It was Anna who walked away first. It hurt like hell. She keeps on leaving me behind these days. Is there something changed?

In PE class, the football coach told us, boys, that today is the trial. I was going to give the trials. It is after school.