Chapter - 22

Anna's POV-

I lied about going to the library. I don't have anything else to do. So I decided to go to the library for the real.

It was across the bus stop so I took a bus there. I was sitting by the window seat. It was past 5:00. We had extra classes today.

The sun was looking beautiful. The Orange-golden light was shining bright. It looked so calming. It felt like after very long I am feeling this content. I put my head on the window seal.

I will spend the whole day with myself. It's been I am alone. But I am not feeling lonely.

I enjoyed the bus ride. I get off in front of the library. I entered the building. The weather was good so here also I took a window seat. I ordered a coffee and took my most favorite novel to read. 'Pride and Prejudice'.

It's so romantic and exciting. They both don't understand what they really feel for each other. It's stupid. It was so hard for them to confess their love.

While I was reading it, Xavier was on my mind all the time. I remember our first meeting. When I bumped into him. The way he stood up for me. The way he followed me, how I would have not fallen in love.

His carefree smile which exclusively is only for me. The way he treats me. My heart is already with him. I can't take it back. Not just like that.

I have to fight for my love. I should, because obviously, it's my first love. I have decided to do whatever it takes to make him see my sincerity.

I called Kate over. She came in 15 minutes.
"I like him." I said. I should have told her before. She is my best friend.

"We all know." She replied.

How did she know who I am talking about?

"Even the whole school can see that you two like each other." She said answering my question.

"You are wrong in one thing. He doesn't like me. He said it himself." I said.

"Yeah. Like that will ever happen. You know very well how he treats you. How can you think of something so stupid? Are you blind or something? He is always looking at you. He noticed everything about you, no matter how insignificant that be. You are stupid if you think that way." Kate said.

"I know what I heard, saw, and felt. He doesn't think of me in that way. He just thinks of me his friend."

"I am his friend too. He doesn't behave like that with me." She said trying to convince me.

"I don't care what you all think but I want him to feel the same for me. I want your help with that." I requested her.

"Well, he already does but still, what kind of help do you need?" She asked.

We spend our evening talking about all the stupid plans and tricks. It looked more of a prank planning than making someone fall type of planning.

*************

It's the next day. I have to suffer from Marcus again because according to Kate 'Jealousy works like magic to get the guy know your importance.' Her words exactly.

So here I am trying to dress up a little. It's all for show. Well in one or two days I am going to end this rubbish with Marcus.

I reached school on time. I entered the main building. After some time I noticed that the football and the cheerleader's group were staring at me and whispering something.

Now what? Don't they have anything better to do?

And by the way where is their leader and my fake boyfriend?

David came over to me. He put his arm on my shoulder.

"Ignore them, sweetpea." He said. He took me towards the class.

I saw Kate from far. She was walking this way. I waved at her. Then David's phone rang. He excused himself. Kate gave me a hug.

She looked a little nervous. She was not looking into my eyes. I looked at the entrance gate.

"He is not coming today," Kate replied.

There, she again knew what the hell I was thinking. How? Can she read minds? Is she an alien?

"No, darling. I am not an alien." She said without me saying a word. My eyes went wide.

"I just got to know and understand. That's all. I guess best friends are like that." She replied.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am with her. I will handle everything here, you just don't get in trouble. Yeah. Okay then. Tell uncle to calm down. You cut the call otherwise he will cut you. Bye. Yeah. I get it. She will not find out. Shut the f**k up. I am hanging up." David had his back towards us.

What the hell he was talking about? 8s he talking to Xavier? Are they talking about me? What trouble? Is he okay?

There are so many questions. Kate was beyond shock. It was clear that she doesn't want me to hear this. She went and hit him hard.

"Ouch... Woman... Are you crazy?" David shouted. Kate glared at him.

"Can you be more aware of your surroundings? You were very loud on the phone." Kate growled.

Then he looked here and there confused. His eyes landed on me and it went wide.

It is confirmed. They are really hiding something from me. But what and why?

"What is going on?" I asked but the bell for homeroom class went off.

"I think we should go before it gets late." Kate dragged me in.

What the hell is going on? Where is Xavier and where is Marcus?

The whole day went like that. Some students were staring at me. Kate and David kept on whispering to each other and did their best to keep me out of it.

Is there something that they all know but I don't?

**************

Hello dear.
Hope you enjoyed it.
The next chapter will be awesome.

See you all soon.