Chapter -36

Xavier's POV:-

I was in my room. I woke up early today.

I got bored after an hour so got up from my bed and went towards Anna's room.

I opened the door, she was fast asleep. I get in and sat on the couch in front of her bed.

I am not allowed in here but who cares.

I was going through a magazine when I hear a knock on the door.

Who will be this early in the morning?

I went to see the person at the door. I opened it. It was David and a very angry Kate.

How did she get here? No one told her anything.

Then I looked at David and I got the answer.

Bastard

"Hello, it's been a while. We are living in peace so why are you here to disturb that?" I asked sarcastically.

"I am not here to see you. I am here for my best friend." Kate replied angrily.

She tried to get in the room but I blocked her fast. I don't want anyone near her.

"She is sleeping. Come again later." I said.

It's not like I have any personal problem with her but it's just I am not very comfortable with anyone going near Anna right now. She went through hell.

"What the hell? Xavier, get out of my way if you don't want to die. David let go...let go or me." Kate shouted at me.

"Please David take her outside. We are in the hospital. Because of your girlfriend, Anna will wake up. She needs rest." I said.

"First, you didn't tell me that my best friend is in the hospital and now you won't even let me meet her. I am warning you, Xavier, let me go inside or at least let me see her and make sure that she is fine." Kate requested.

"I am telling you that she is fine now." I said.

"Xavier doesn't push it. You may be her boyfriend but I am her best friend so I have an equal right to worry about her and care for her...

I didn't ask you how she got hurt with your presence there. It was your responsibility to protect her but you failed and you still dared to stand in front of me and stop me from doing my responsibility...

I take you as my friend so I will try to understand your situation but she is the most important person to me. Now move and let me go." Kate must be very angry. She had so much to say. She never behaved like that before.

Her words are hurting but she is right. I have no right to tell her anything. I was the one who was present there and still could not protect her.

"Okay let's wait outside. I will be with you too. Let her rest for some time. When she will wake up then you can see her. I won't stop you." I said.

"Do you really think after hearing you guys argue I would still be asleep?" We heard a voice coming from inside the room.

Shit! She must have heard us.

"Kate, can you come in?" Anna asked her in.

We all entered in.

"I just want Kate here." Anna said, indicating us to leave them alone.

"But baby..."

"Please, Xavier." Anna was stubborn on this.

"Okay, okay, we are leaving." With that, I and David left the girls alone.

As I was going out I felt this uneasy feeling. My heart was feeling heavy.

Does she also think that I failed her? I know she got hurt many times because of me. It really is my family but I don't want her to ignore me. I can not live like that.

"Don't, I know what you are thinking. Don't go there, Xavier. She just wants to spend time with her girlfriend. It's not like she is discarding you or anything." David scolded me.

But I don't know why my heart was not agreeing with it.

I just nodded and went towards my room.

The doctor was waiting in there.

"There you are. You should stay in your room." Doctor said.

"I was just outside and I am fine." I said and went to sit on my bed.

David was in the room with me. I was not in the mood.

"When can we get discharge from here?" I asked the doctor.

"We need some more checkups to do on you. You need to stay here for one week. As for Anastasia, she has already recovered, so she can go home in two days. She still has to take the rest so that her stitches won't come undone. Otherwise, she is fine." Doctor said.

I was processing what just the doctor said.
"I will take discharge with Anna. I will not stay a single day extra here." I said.

"But the tests may take longer than that." Doctor said.

"Then take them quickly. Do it right now. No one is stopping you." I replied irritated.

.
.
.
.
.

It's already evening. Kate is still in her room. She went out just to come back with her laptop.

God knows what these girls are doing inside.
.
.
.

Anna called David for something. He went to meet her in her room. He then said that he needs to do some errands for Anna and he left.

After 2 hours he came with some magazines. I just went outside to walk around a little and saw him enter her room.

Everyone can go inside her room but me. This situation is irritating me immensely.

Then David came into my room. I didn't look at him. I knew I couldn't ask why she wants those magazines because he won't answer and I am sure Anna would not want me to know otherwise she would have told me herself.

But it isn't hurting me would be a lie. I feel like she is distancing herself from me. But why?

I don't want to think that it was because of what happened a few days before. I know I am guilty but I also know that she is not blaming me. Or maybe I am wrong and she hates me secretly?

"Stop there. How many times do I have to remind you to not think too much? She has her reasons, why she is not asking for your help. So please trust her and your relationship. And now go to sleep. It's getting late. Visiting hours are over, I have to take Kate home too. See you tomorrow and please till then don't kill yourself in self-pity." With that, he left.

So she is doing something and doesn't want me to help her. But why?

Oh! F#ck off, Xavier. Don't think anything. I shouted at myself.

I laid down and the last thing on my mind was her.

*******************
Hello, lovelies.

I know, I know.

I am updating very late.

But.....there is good news (or maybe not). You don't have to wait too long until this story is completed.

I am very excited to start my new works.

See you guys soon.