II.

LISA

BLACKPINK Dorm, 2 am

I firmly believe that our values and principles dictate how we deal with our lives. In my case, I have managed to hold up with everything that happened in my career, from the pressures and hardships to the extra weight that comes along with being in this line of job (like having to deal with haters and stalkers), as positively as I can because of my own ideologies on social etiquette and human rights.

However, my own values are greatly challenged as I try my best not to smack some sense into my best friend's thick skull right now. She has been a crying mess for almost 2 hours now, all for a fucking guy.

I knew it was about happen when she barged into my room in her silky baby pink pajamas, at freaking 12 midnight with a bottle of wine in her hand and an exaggerated smile on her face. I sighed, knowing very well that it would be a long night for the both of us.

Jisoo unnie was sleeping soundly in her room. We know better than to disturb her at this time since she has an early shoot for her drama the next day so she deserved to get as much sleep. Jennie unnie, on the other hand, went back to her family's house after the dinner because of an early trip to Jeju with her mom the next day.

The dinner was basically like an official end to our group schedules, at least for this comeback. We were given three weeks for us to spend however we want then we would have to start our preparations for our private stage schedule. 

"Lisaaaa~~" Rosie whines as she lifts her tear-stained drunk face groggily from the top of the short center table in the living room to which we are currently adjusting to, so we're basically sitting on the cold floor.

"you're not listening to me!!" she weakly exclaimed as she focused her gaze on the little amount that's left on our second bottle of wine and poured it all to fill more than half of her glass. She stared at it and pouted as if she was a kid deprived of her favorite chocolate before she finished it all in one go.

She choked and coughed before she once again settled her head on the table while closing her eyes. Tears once again flowing from the corners of her closed eyes.

Goddamn it! Hope that guy fucks himself out to oblivion. I gritted my teeth and sighed as I went closer to my poor girl and wiped her tears for her.

"I'm sorry Rosie, I just can't help but think about all the evil things I could do to him once I him again. It hurts me so much seeing you like this that I'm willing to do everything to take the pain away from you". I softly told her as I caressed her hair.

She lifts her head and faced me. "I don't think it's his fault this time. I made him feel like I don't trust him, of course he would be mad".

Chaeyoung is in a relationship with Tom (Kim Jihwan), a 2-year older man who comes from a well-off family. They met abroad when Rosie went to Fashion Week last year and apparently stumbled into Tom, who was on a vacation at that time, when she got lost as she was strolling around the city without her manager. When they discovered they were both Koreans who communicated very well in English as well, they hit it off pretty quickly.

"No girl he was obviously being defensive about something. It was not your fault." I told her as I held her hand.

"I love him, Lis. I just have to be the bigger person and be patient with him. He's going through a lot right now." she told me this as she stared straight into my eyes as if telling me to understand her.

"But you're also hurting! It takes both of you to make it work, you know" I rubbed her hand softly with my thumb. She lowered her head again and her shoulders were shaking as she tried to stop her tears.

I brought her closer to me and hugged her tightly. I rubbed her back and hummed some tunes softly in attempts of trying to calm her down. After a while, she broke off the hug saying she has to go to the restroom.

I accompanied her of course. She wasn't puking so maybe she hasn't really drunk as much as I thought. It was just probably her emotions taking up a toll on her. We went back to the living room and I gave her water to hydrate and sober up. She just went back to crouch on the table once again after drinking.

I sighed. Tom never fails to exceed my expectations of him. He's so much more stupid than I thought.

Truth be told, I never really liked him. For one, he turned out to be an arrogant ass by the time they were officially together. The company knows about them and him being rich and having all those sorts of connections made the approval part a lot easier for the both of them.

Going longer into the relationship, he would pursue her a lot less and he would always have reasons not to hang out with her, when Rosie was trying her best to make time for him every chance she could get (which is not a lot). I swear to all heavenly things on earth the real attitude of men shows when the thrill of the chase is gone.

But the real reason why I hate him is because he cheated on Rosie. She caught him getting comfortable with another lady on his room when she once went to his apartment to surprise him. I never wanted to murder someone so bad that day.

Rosie was of course devastated and broke it off with him. But he begged her, told her he'd change.

of course he'd say that. All men do is lie ugh what's the point.

Anyway yea, he made all these grand gestures that made it seem like he really wanted her back and eventually Rosie gave in. Imagine how I almost begged her to reconsider it. Cheaters will always cheat!

This evening, 7 months into the new relationship, they met up and chilled at his place for a while after the celebratory dinner. Rosie said he was too busy on his phone the entire time.

Once, she tried to softly ask him about what was keeping him busy (mind you, with the ever present smile of hers) yet he turned it on her and blamed her for being a paranoid about him being with another woman, that she didn't trust him enough and other (obviously) pointless accusations towards her. They fought (more like he was having an outburst) and told her to leave. The motherfucker did not even bring her home!

"Lis, um.. the table is shaking, its shaking my head too", her weak voice from her crouched state snapped me out of my rage thinking of that pathetic excuse for a man she calls her boyfriend. I uncurled my fist on top of the table and sighed.

"C'mon Rosie, let's get you to bed. I think you've had enough for tonight" while trying to budge her to get up.

"But I'm not drunk" she snapped her head up too fast that she had to hold her head.
"ow! my head hurts"

yup, you're not.

"look Lis! the dorm is spinning" she laughed loudly as she was pointing and looking at the ceiling. I just laughed at her child-like state. At least she's not crying anymore.

"Yup, it surely is. But tell you what, it's just spinning here in the living room", I told her while looking straight into her lost eyes.

"It's closing down on us so we have to hurry and enter our rooms before it fully consumes us. You won't want to leave Hank alone without his mommy right? He would be very sad, Rosie" I tried to convince her to stand up.

"ah yes yes Hankie needs me. He's still a sick puppy" she muttered as she stood up, with me assisting her so she wouldn't fall on her feet.

I tucked her to bed and she almost immediately closed her eyes as she felt the soft bed beneath her. She looked so exhausted by everything.

Is love really worthy of all these, Rosiepoop?