XXI.

JUNGKOOK

Bighit Entertainment, December 30

I checked my phone for the umpteenth time today. I don't even know what I was expecting but I've been uneasy for days now.

I was surprised when I felt someone nudge me on my back, on my left shoulder. It was Jimin hyung who looked frantic.

"Yah Jungkook, are you window shopping or what? It's 5 minutes before our call time!"

I looked at my watch and indeed it was less than 5 minutes before our call time.

Sht.

We ran to the elevator only to find quite a number of people waiting there. We had no choice but to use the stairs all the way up to the 6th floor.

***

"You sure you're not coming with us, Jk?"

I nodded firmly at Hoseok hyung and the rest of them. We just finished our rehearsals for our Golden Disk performance and they were planning to eat out for dinner. Namjoon hyung and I couldn't come with them. I asked Namjoon hyung to look over what I did so far with my mixtape and he promised to look into it after the rehearsals. Yoongi hyung was still recovering from his shoulder surgery so he's back home in Daegu.

"Alright, see you guys tomorrow!" We all parted ways from there.

"Jungkook"

I looked at Namjoon hyung while we were on our way to my studio, "hmm?"

"You okay? I just noticed, you looked quite distracted the entire day. From the run BTS shoot until the dance rehearsals"

oh. I also don't know hyung.

I nodded at him, "yup, I'm good hyung. Maybe I just got worn out from the schedule these past few days but I'll be good after a good rest"

We eventually arrived at my studio and I went on to show him my work. I look up to Namjoon hyung so much that I work so hard to receive compliments and good feedbacks from him.

A few minutes later, another producer came by and he looked into it too.

"Hmm, for this part, Jungkook... what do you think of ---"

Namjoon hyung's words were cut when our producer's phone rang. He excused himself out of the studio.

"Right.. so as I was saying, what do you think of adding a transition beat here? it seems a bit bare because there is a change of beat from this one to the other sooo.."

"Yea, we could try that out hyung"

I tried to do what he told me and made the changes. I also thought this one was better than the first one so I agreed to it and saved that version.

"Oh! wait I suddenly thought of something. Let me show you a bit"

I stood up and let him sit on the chair in front of the computers at the desk. He looked thrilled with his idea so I just let him be.

I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket. I quickly checked it since Namjoon hyung seemed busy at the moment. It was from Jimin hyung telling me that our favorite rookie girl group was currently in the restaurant they were in. I groaned upon reading this. sorry hyung, I don't feel like it.

I closed our conversation and saw her name on the list of my recent conversations and the last message I sent on Christmas.

I sighed. Should I just check up on her? What if she was still offended? what if she won't reply?

"Just send it"

I looked at Namjoon hyung when he suddenly said this. Was that for me?
Oh. He must've noticed that I wasn't focusing on the work anymore.

I quickly tucked my phone back inside my pocket. "Sorry hyung, uhh it was just Jimin hyung"

He lightly chuckled and looked at me, "I meant you should send her that text. There's a girl, right?"

I was surprised. "It's not what you think, hyung. She's just a friend"

"I never mentioned anything else though" He looked at me with amusement.

I sighed. "Alright but I'm just saying, to clear things out. uhh I met this new friend and I may have offended her 'cause she hasn't talked to me for days now"

Namjoon hyung turned the chair around and faced me as I sat on the chair at the back. "Why are you bothered though? You could just do the same and stop talking to her too"

Right...

I could..

but I feel like it would be such a waste to lose her as a friend.

"You think it would be a waste to let your friendship go? Then just make up with her."

I looked at him with wide eyes. How did he know that?

He laughed at me and turned back to face the computers, "I have my fair share of girl friends too, Jungkook"

Alright, I should just give it a try.

I opened our conversation and finally managed to send her a message.

                                                                            are you still pissed at me? I'm sorry, I won't tease you again.

I exhaled out loudly and kept my phone before I stood up to see the changes Namjoon hyung made. Our producer came back from his call and said it was better. I also think it did make it better in some parts though I also told Namjoon hyung about how I thought about the other parts.

I felt my phone vibrate. I excused myself a bit to check on it.

why does it seem like you apologize for something everytime you text me? haha what is it for this time?

                             You didn't reply to my last message so I thought you got offended with what I said.

omg yea!! I'm so sorry, I didn't notice that I wasn't able to reply to you. I swear it wasn't intentional, I just got busy with my parents that day.

I smiled as I let out a huge breath after I read this. So she wasn't mad! My heart suddenly felt lighter for some reasons. I was typing out a reply for her when she sent another message.

If you're at your apartment tonight, feel free to come by my place. I'll make it up to you.

My eyebrow shot up at this and smirked. Does this lady even know what she is doing?

She sent another follow up message shortly after.

And before you think about anything weird, I'm just sparing you from any scandal if I treat you to dinner outside. Besides, we won't be alone. Have some shame! My babies are here!

Or we could just eat out, I don't care about you that much. whatever.

I laughed out loud at this. Feeling eyes watching me, I looked up from my phone and saw the both of them looking at me. Namjoon hyung looking at me teasingly while our producer had this questioning look.

I shook my head at them, still trying to suppress a smile from breaking out, and said, "Its nothing. I'll just send a message real quick and I'll get back with you hyungs"

I quickly typed up my response to Lisa and kept my phone back in my pocket. I grinned knowingly.

I'll be there in an hour