XLV.

LISA

I could only sigh and bite my lower lip in frustration as I paused from tying my shoelace.

"Is there really nothing else we can do, Oppa?"

Well, the company has completely decided to let the matter go, as I already told you, but don't worry I know some good firms who have dealt with cases like these.

Sangwon Oppa just informed me that my shooting with Jessi unnie in Jessi Showterview will not be released because apparently, it was Mr. Kim who was supposed to sponsor for that. He wasn't planning to pay unless he gets to spend time with me.

Honestly, the interview not being released is not much of an issue. I could pay for it. Besides, it wasn't just me who worked hard in that shoot only for it not to be released. The staff don't deserve to suffer because of this.

The thing here is that the company is leaving these matters in my own hands. I don't even know why I have to pay for my own promotions when they also get so much from this. Along with that, they're also not planning to do anything about Mr. Kim because they say he practically didn't do anything to me and he wasn't part of the big figures to whom they owe the company to. Basically, they don't feel the need to do anything because they are not affiliated with him and they don't think I need protection. I WAS PRACTICALLY HARASSED ALREADY!!

I could only shake my head to dismiss my thoughts, "No need, oppa. A good friend of mine is a lawyer and he already promised to help me. I just need to gather more proof to strengthen my case"

Alexander told me it was a pretty complicated case, especially since Mr. Kim has the money to make things work, without actual proofs of physical harassment to sue him and keep him away from me.

I'm just very grateful for him. He was very much willing to help me when I told him about my situation, even though remotely from Korea.

Al was the last boyfriend I had from years ago before I settled with casual ones. He was waiting for his law bar exam results when we first met through a mutual friend. He was one of the best guys I ever met and definitely set the bars high for me. Sadly, my younger self wasn't willing to make it work even when he was convincing her that they could try. This made me lose such a precious guy and still single years after that coz I can't seem to find anyone who can treat me as well as he did. Well, that's different now of course.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Sangwon oppa's voice over the phone, Lisa? Are you still there?

"Uh y-yes! Yes sorry. You were saying something?"

I was just telling you to update me about this soon. I will see what I can do.

This made me smile, "Okay. Thank you oppa!"

As soon as the call ended, I finished up tying my shoelaces. I gave myself one long look at the big mirror near the door, sighing as I stared longer at myself.