XXVIV.

JUNGKOOK

Petronette Cafe

"So it was down to the last spot to complete the debut group and I swear it was-- are you even listening to me?"

I was mindlessly scanning the area while still chewing on my food when she stopped her narration. I looked back at her and chuckled, "yes yes I am. So what happened that made you cry on live broadcast?"

I placed my utensils down and settled my elbows on the table with my hands under my chin, all the while, keeping a smile on my face. Let's focus, shall we?

"Right.. so as I was saying, there was only one spot left and my favorite trainee still wasn't on the list!! Imagine how nervous I was!!"

I can't help but smile at how adorable she was. She has been going on about her experiences in China for a while now.

We we currently at a cafe at freaking 2 pm just because she saw their new cat designed cakes and frappes on Instagram a few days ago and decided it would be a good decision to include me in her plans to check it out. I'm almost convinced this girl lowkey likes me. *raises suggestive eyebrows

lol kidding, she said her other friends were not available. Tsss, I am also a busy person okay?? but I'm still here!!

"... He looked so cuteee tho!! His eyes were bloodshot red when he came to hug me and the other guys did the same too, telling me... Yah! don't you dare destroy the cat's face. I'm saving that for last!"

she swat my hand away just as I was about to slice the heck out of this damn cat's face. She had her eyebrows crossed while glaring at me and this just made me laugh. How could this girl claim herself to be a mature half - 50 years old?

"You don't seem like you're planning to eat it anytime soon. I'm just saving it from his misery of waiting for so long"

"That's a girl!!"

I stared at the cat's face again, "It is not!! It's definitely a he!!" wow jk, you're one to talk about maturity huh?

"Whatever, I'm not yet done with my story, Jungkook!"

"Haha okay okay go on. I'm just trying out your cake here, only on the sides, I promise"

She rolled her eyes, "you could just buy another one! Why'd you have to finish yours too fast?"

Nah, not really. You might not have noticed it but we've been here for quite some time now.

"but I want to try yours! Just let me be and continue. So what did the guys tell you?", smiling at her while taking a small part of her cake.

I saw her eyes widen as she was taking a bite of some macarons, "oh so were listening! haha I thought your mind was wandering"

I scoffed, what does this girl take me for?

"Okay so yea, they thanked me and said I've been a huge help for them and all that. Kook, I swear my heart swelled so much at that time. I was so proud of them!!"

This made me smile, I'm also really proud of her.

"You should be, you taught them after all. They must be honored to receive lessons from the one and only Lalisa Manoban"

She scoffed, "omg I know right?" acting all proud and laidback and stuff

"uh hm?" I raised my eyebrow at this, smirking, amused by her confidence. She clearly loves herself and she acknowledges herself enough. I think that's something wonderful.

Her eyes widened, " I was kidding! of course not!" but her blushing cheeks were evident even as she was animatedly picking on her dessert. This just made me smile, shaking my head. now she's shy huh?

I looked around and noticed a pair of men from a few table away approach our table. We were at the corner booth and the table next to ours was already occupied so obviously they were coming to us. fck I think we just got recognized.

I quickly reached out to hold Lisa's hand, squeezing it lightly. "Quick. Put on your hood." I said while lowering my own cap. She had that questioning look but obeyed nonetheless.

She was about to turn around but I pulled her towards me by her hand until both our faces were so close to each other.

Her eyes went wide as saucers and was about to pull back when I held her face in place with both hands, "stay still, we got recognized"

She tilted her face as if not catching up on what I said but turned as still as a statue immediately as soon as she realized. She still kept her eyes wide open but now I saw fear on it.

This made me absentmindedly caress her cheek softly in an attempt to calm her down. Some part of me suddenly hated seeing that. I don't want to see that in her eyes when she's with me.

what

I lightly shook my head and tried to focus on the situation. I looked around and saw that the men already left. Just in time, Lisa's phone rang so we immediately pulled away from each other. I tried to act nonchalant about it, act cool and all that until I realized my glass was already empty. great.

Jeon Jungkook, what the fck was that?

"Oppa?"

She sounded quite unstable. I quietly watched her, lowkey slicing and taking some piece of her cake.

"What? No! I mean yes but no!"

what's going on?

Then I noticed her cheeks turn even brighter. uhh hmm?

"It's not what you think, Oppa! ahhh.. I will explain when we meet tomorrow at the company"

hmm, a YG dude

wait why do I have to know? ugh what's wrong with me today? I swear its this cat's fault!! I ought to just break its fa--

"hahaha whatever! I'm ending this. Bye! take care, Oppa!"

As soon as she ended the call, her small hands went flying to hit me hard continuously.

"You. ass. why did you do that!"

wtf this girl hits with her bones!

"Yah stop hitting me! It hurts!" I said, trying to take hold of her murderous hands.

She stopped but still continued to (cutely) glare at me. pfft.. she mad. or at least she's trying to look like it

okay she's serious Jungkook, don't laugh

"okay, I admit that was wrong. But what was I supposed to do? They were approaching our table already."

"Any sane person would've just told me! We could've both acted like we were busy with our phones then ignore them or what not! ", she said grumpily

For god's sake, I was just trying to stop them from even coming close!

"Yea? and you sure you can be that rude to ignore them once they're in front of you?" I asked sarcastically.

She looked down, stuttering. Of course not.

"Look, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable Lali. Heck, I was also uncomfortable with it, okay?"

you didn't seem like it earlier, Jk.

She looked back at me with an expression I can't seem to understand. did I say something wrong?

She then looked away, blinking furiously.
"Anyway.."

She took a sip of her drink and said, "you didn't have to do that. The guys you were referring to was Minho oppa and Jaewon oppa. They were just trying to check if it really was me." then she went on to mumble something I couldn't hear.

but wait what?

okay now that changes everything.

oh

sht!

that's just embarrassing!

"Yah. I told you not to slice the cat's face, didn't I?"

I was quickly brought out of my self-pity thoughts when I heard her low voice. I looked at the now destroyed face of the cat then at the now stone face of the mama cat in front of me.

uh oh.