XIII.

LISA

Black Cafe, the next day

Everyone who personally knows me, knows how good I am at keeping myself busy while waiting for something. I mean, I waited for 6 damn years in that damn basement just to debut and I managed to improve a lot within that time. That's something, I guess.

That must also be the reason why they like to make we wait so much. I swear to god its been 30 mins past our agreed meet up time and they're still not here! Ugh!

I'm currently waiting for my dancer friends at this coffee shop at the first floor of the building where we were supposed to dance.

Most of them are YG dancer oppas I met during my trainee days and sometimes they'd help me sneak out to watch their underground dance battles. I haven't joined in the actual battles but the energy in the place was mind-blowing. Sometimes I'd look back and somehow wish I could go back to those places again.

They told me I could just reach out to them anytime which is why I asked to join their meetup today. I joined in one of their meetups a few months ago and I had so much fun. It has been so long since I danced that hard and it felt so good!

This would be the last day of our break because we have to start practicing and preparing for our private stage by tomorrow along with my other individual gigs. In short, I will be busy and I thought I needed some hardcore dancing to prepare myself and have energy for the weeks to come.

So here I am, waiting for them, enjoying my coffee while staring at anything that's in front of me, which is currently a floating wallet.

wait what? why is that wallet moving?

I snapped out of my daze and that's when I realized I was actually witnessing a thief in action!

no sht yo, you ain't leaving this place with that woman's wallet.

He sat back down on his seat after successfully stealing the wallet of the lady behind him. I approached him with my training bag hanging by my side, his back on me as I see his head moving sideways to check if anyone ever saw him. stupid

I smacked him hard at the back of his head with my training bag, making him drop unconscious at the table in front of him. Oh that was easier than I thought!  I did have my big ass Hydro Flask water bottle inside so it may or may not have hit him and made quite some noise.  The few customers and even the staff was startled at the sudden commotion.

I took the wallet from his hand and raised it up a bit to show. "Sorry, um he stole this. Don't worry, he'll wake up after a while", I lowly announced while bowing repeatedly to the people in the cafe. Collective mutters and whispers can be heard before they all went back to their own business.

I looked at the lady who owns the wallet and she was already looking at me with a surprised look on her face. I went closer to her and handed back her wallet respectfully. I smiled at her before I bowed to take my leave.

She held my hand as I was about to turn around to go back to my table and said, "Thank you very much Miss. Please let this old woman make it up to you."

"Oh no no! It won't be necessary. Anyone else would have done the same thing that I did if they saw it in front of them", I held her and smiled at her.

I heard my phone ring, from the pocket of my gray sweatpants and I knew it was from them already. I rejected the call.

"I'm really sorry but I have to go now. Please stay safe, Ma'am." I once again bowed at her but she held my hand once again.

"At least please let me know your name", she insisted, her eyes clearly not taking any reply other than my name.

Damn, I can't tell her my real name though, it's not exactly a common name in Korea. obviously 'cause it's not a Korean name to begin with.

"Um, its Lali. My name is Lali."

She finally let go of my hand, smiling. I just smiled back before I went back to my table.
I checked my phone and received a message from Jaewon oppa.

Lis, we are just finishing off some stuffs here in the 14th floor. You can go to the studio ahead of us. Its on the 4th floor, at the furthest end of the right side from the elevator. We're really sorry, baby sis! See ya!

Agh! I knew this would happen. I stood up to leave the cafe and went to the studio on my own.

I waited for nothing!!