XXVII.

LISA

He just took his medicine when his hyung finally picked up his call.

"Hyung, I'm sick"

My eyes literally opened so wide at what he said. why would he start the conversation with that!

I lightly punched his arm to alarm him mouthing, 'Jeon Jungkook! what the fck?' but he was just smiling playfully.

"but I'm good now hyung. I just need to rest some more" he eyed me as he said that part, smirking. I can't with this guy!!

"I'm at a friend's place... yup I had my dinner already.... Hyung, I'll be back later. Yess, I'll keep you updated hyung"

He ended the call and kept his phone. "are we good now, Lalisa Manoban?" he even managed to smirk.

I was so annoyed at him. I didn't respond and just cleaned up his empty bowl, bringing it to the kitchen.

I heard his hearty laugh behind me, "Yah~~ don't be mad at meee Lali~~"

tch. I'm not mad, just.. annoyed. why am I even annoyed anyway?

I... don't know.. He just .. aghhh! he's taking his sickness lightly! and.. and what if he worsens! and.. and his hyungs will get mad at me..

why does it even matter to you Lisa?

I.. I don--

"Aghh!!"

I was surprised when I heard him lowly groan in agony. I saw him lying down holding up his head.

sht is his head acting up again??

I immediately stopped washing the dishes and rushed to his side.

"hey! hey! why? what's wrong, Kook?"

I felt him stop moving.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook! what's going on.." I tried shaking him lightly but he still didn't budge.

"yah~ Kook don't scare me like this please. talk to me"

Suddenly, I saw his mischievous eyes peak from in between his arms crossed across his face that opened up. then he smiled widely at me.

"you're not mad at me anymore right?"

so he was faking it??

arghh!!

I hit him repeatedly on his arm. I swear to god I will kill this guy with my own hands!!

"ow! ow! Lisa that hurts!"

"Well, you should've thought this would happen before you pulled that stupid stunt of yours!"

then I stopped hitting him. He was still sick after all.

"I was fucking scared thinking about what might have happened to you!! I thought the medicine I gave you made it worse or what not! why did you have to do that to me.. " My voice was slowly fading as I said the last part.

I turned to look away from him, feeling the stinging at the corner of my eye. ugh this is frustrating. I can still literally feel my heart beating so fast from what happened. What did I ever do to him!!

I stood up and walked away. Imma freaking continue cleaning up, I don't care about him anymore. he can go to hell for all I care.

Before I was able to take get away, I felt him gently pull me to sit back down and face him,

"alright, alright. I'm sorry. come here please" I glared at him. He pulled me closer and engulfed me in a hug. How does he know I'm such a sucker for hugs

"I'm sorry, Lali. I didn't know you would react this way. I just wanted you to talk to me again. I didn't mean to make you mad"

"I'm not mad at you" I said in a muffled voice as he was still hugging me tightly.

"hmm?" he released me from the hug but held me upright in front of him.

I looked down, "I said I'm not mad at you"

"But you glared at me, suddenly cleared up the table and walked out. I thought you were mad. "

"I'm just..." I sighed.

worried about how your hyungs might worry even more about you, worried that you may worsen while you're with me, worried that I may not be able to take care of you enough...

"nothing. just please don't do it again. I felt like I lost a quarter of my life with what you did." I looked at him with full intent of getting my message across.

He smiled so wide, that smile so pretty, while eagerly nodding his head. He hugged me once more, "But really though, shouldn't you be taking care of me rather than those dishes in the sink? I'm offended Lali"

I chuckled, rolling my eyes at what he said. I hugged him back, rubbing his back ever so slightly, "Are you seriously okay now?"

I felt him nod his head. I broke free from the hug and smiled at him. I placed my hand on his forehead then on his neck.

"thank god, your fever has finally gone down"

"Thanks to your magic porridge, I guess" he quirked up and winked. I slapped his face lightly with the closest couch pillow I could find.

"now that you're okay, you can go home and have better rest"

He frowned, "Lali, I did not call my hyungs earlier that I would be home late just for you to send me back right now"

"but you need to rest some more"

"I can rest here, of course. Let's watch some movie or anything you want."

"but then that won't be resting!"

He chuckled as he leaned on the nearest wall, "c'mon Lali, allow me to spend your birthday with you. I came here to do that after all"

ugh how do I even counter that

"fine. Just choose whatever you want, lemme just finish washing for a bit"

"aghhh! those dishes again!!", I stood up, laughing at his whiny state.

***

By the time I finished, he was already settled leaning back at the wall across the TV. Apparently, he chose to watch the movie A Star is Born.

"You haven't watched that yet?" I asked as I settled myself beside him.

"I did. That's just temporary really, I wanted you to have the final say on the movie"

"hmm, I don't mind re-watching though, if you want to watch that. I love Lady Gaga" he chuckled and started the movie.

Turned out, we just talked almost the entire time, sharing our own experiences in the industry similar to the scenes, sometimes criticizing them, singing along to the songs, even imitating how they sang (haha) and all that. Towards the end part, when the female lead lost the guy, I cried, It still gets to me every time.

I looked at Jungkook, only to find him sleeping uncomfortably with his neck hanging on his left shoulder. I didn't have the heart to wake him up, he needs this rest afterall.

I moved him to fully lay down on the sofa turned mini bed and covered him with blanket.

I gently stroke his messed up hair near the forehead. Rest well, Kook. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me.

Time check: 12:01 MN, March 27