XLII.

LISA

"OMYGOD! so how did you respond?"

"Yea well, I said I was okay with it, he didn't seem to be serious about it anyway"

WAIT WHAT???

"Unnie, how could you do that!"

We were all currently gathered at my apartment for dinner to celebrate my solo debut earlier today. We usually do this everytime we have our comeback, just some dinner and wine in our dorm, to pat ourselves for the hardwork during preparations and gain strength to get through promotions.

We talked about all sorts of things and somehow the guy talks always manage to seep through in conversations.

"Unnie, you're continuously breaking his heart  if you lead him on like that just for nothing"

We were just talking about Jisoo unnie who just agreed to go on an actual romantic date with her (*clears throat* very handsome) childhood bestfriend. He actually confessed a few months ago but Jisoo unnie's silence was all he got back. Oddly, they easily let that pass, still the best of friends until now. I guess being best friends since birth made it possible.

The issue right now is that he asked Unnie out on a date this weekend through a drunk call a few nights ago. yea okay maybe that was not exactly the best way to reveal your feelings to your best friend.

"Oh girl, I tell you, it's not for nothing. She would've easily just rejected that if anyone else did that to her, regardless if it was a drunken mistake or not." Jennie unnie replied to her. Jisoo unnie just shrugged at this.

huh? then..

"Then why don't you just try things out with him? He obviously still has feelings for you" Same question, Rosie.

I looked at Jisoo unnie who took a sip from her glass before answering, "Soon... Let's just say I like how things are going for the both of us for now. "

"But aren't you planning to at least tell him how you feel for him?" Jennie unnie asked.

"I'm not good with words, he knows that. You all know that. I'm sure I expressed it in some other ways"

yea but.. "Unnie, he might just take it as if you're doing all that because he's your friend and not because you feel the same way about him.."

Rosie added, "yea, especially since you technically rejected him so it'll be hard for him to think more into what you're doing for him"

exactly. As much as he wants to deny it, he sees a glimmer of hope everytime he recognizes a sweet gesture yet simultaneously loses it all to the fact inside his head that unnie will never see him as something more than a friend.

I saw Jennie unnie nod in understanding to the point Rosie wanted to make. Jisoo unnie looked bothered, "Well, that's possible too. But I really don't want to rush things between us"

"It's not exactly rushing but at least give him an idea about how you feel, atleast something he can hold on to. I can only imagine how special you are to him that he holds back god knows how much just to not scare you away again" I replied, suddenly feeling sad for Jisoo unnie's bestfriend.

I looked up from my mindless picking on some pieces of food on my plate and saw three half surprised, half impressed faces.

Jisoo unnie was smirking and Jennie unnie was raising an eyebrow at me. She then said, "Who are we talking about here, Lili?"

I sighed. I was all ready to make myself clear but it got cut by the loud blare of my phone. I quickly flipped it from its faced down position. It was a video call invitation from Hoseok oppa.

I looked at my members and they must've been curious because they were okay with me answering calls during our gatherings like this. We usually don't, unless its important. Its like an unspoken rule.

I accepted the video call and put it on speaker since my airpods were nowhere near me atm. A grinning bare faced guy showed up, walking as he talked with me,

"LALISAAA! Say Lalisa love me, Lalisa love me~" Hoseok oppa's bright energy immediately made me chuckle. The confused and bewildered looks in the faces of my members were also quite hilarious,  to be honest.

Then I heard a distant voice on the other side, "Call me Lalisa love me, Lalisa love me~"

Hoseok oppa chuckled at that someone and faced his phone towards that person. It was Taehyung oppa by the kitchen counter. He waved at me with a big smile, "Hi Lisa!! Congrats on your debut! You killed it!"