Power

"... What?" you answered the person before you with a twitching eyebrow. Do they really think they can get away with this? Do they actually think that you were ignorant enough to just accept this unexpected occurrence without second thoughts?

It was bright and early in the Keraton royal palace, and your sweet slumber was disturbed when a knock on your door resonates around the room, breaking your peace and quiet. When you answered the maid behind the door to come in, she was carrying news that you have important visitors coming to see you personally. she mentioned that it was regarding an important matter so you didn't hesitate to quickly make yourself presentable for the said visitors.

And those said visitors consist of two familiar faces. Currently, sitting before you are the two nationalist Soekarno and Hatta, remember them? Apparently, recently the Japanese request your support in the war, in other words, they're asking for rally support. And the two nationalist wanted your approval before they went further in their plan.

"Think about it, this could be the opportunity we need for our people's freedom" one of the two spoke calmly, with a face that is filled in deep thought and a hint of hesitance along the way, despite his confident tone.

"And how is this an opportunity?! Now, not only we're sacrificing our people to work to their deaths, we're sending them off to die on the battlefield for a war that doesn't involve us."

"But It does involve us," Sukarno, the outspoken one out of the two nationalist spoke up. "if the Japanese were to fall we'll be conquered once again by the dutch and everything we've done up to this point will result in nothing"

"How is it any different working for the Japanese than for the Dutch. Our people are dying as slaves as we speak!"

"It is different because this will be a step closer to our independence" Soekarno interjects before his friend lift a hand to rest on his shoulder as a way to tell him to leave it to him. The two are aware of your great dislike regarding this plan, but they do believe if we did nothing to change our ways and take a risk, no result nor progress will bear fruit.

"Let me explain lady (Y/n), Soekarno holds quite an influence on the Japanese. He holds enough connection and power in their hierarchy to convince the Japanese to give us independence in return for serving them" Hatta explained as if he had thought and planned off every single step in his mind.

"And what makes you think that they will keep their promises? They're wolves hiding in sheep's clothing" you speak out of doubt in their plan. Although the sound of independence is truly sweet, you prefer not to engage yourself in a plan that doesn't have a chance of success. Or worse, you don't want to fall into another trap made by the Japanese.

Every action holds it's own consequence, and if this action results in more conflict, you want none of it.

Although Japanese people are true to their words, they still put rules, orders, and their own country over the rest. In other words, they have their priorities. Knowing them, there must be something they can gain from this plan. You just want to know what.

"You need not worry about that. Because we have a guarantee, that in return for this act of service, a written promise will be made regarding giving our country our desired independence." Soekarno said confidently as if this final argument could pursue you to accept the terms, and he is not wrong, in fact, what he just said did indeed grab your interest.

"What guarantee?" you ask for the details

"Can you bring him in please?" the nationalist request to the maid outside to invite another individual in, an individual that can either make or break this deal.