Intentions

Since then on you've begun to count your days on Japan's residence. One by one the days have passed and turned to weeks, and weeks turn to months. You were sitting by the garden while watching the heavens as another day ends, the sky has turned into a beautiful hue of orange, purple, and blue, as a preparation to welcome the upcoming moon. It was quiet and rather cold. You pulled down the ends of your yukata sleeves to cover your cold hands as you blew warm breath into them.

You didn't know how much longer you will have to wait, because every second you spent here is another second your friends and family are suffering under the dutch. You hummed under your breath while patting Honda's cute little dog who has just joined right next to you. It was different then petting Netherland's bunny, but you don't mind, you consider it as a change of phase, especially since you've cut ties with Netherlands.

Talking about Netherlands, you've started to wonder how he's doing? How does he cope with your sudden disappearance and constant military attack by Japan?

And Lisa... you barely gave her a proper goodbye before leaving, now she has no one to talk to once again.

You felt a little disheartened by your actions but what's done is done, and you think it's a necessary step you need to take.

"How are you (Y/n)-chan?" Honda asked while making his way to you, setting himself down on the porch, right next to you. The moon has started to rise, the light reflects upon the small pond in the middle of the Zen garden, as the sound of the bamboo sozu resonates in the air. Everything seems so peaceful, like the silence before the storm.

"I'm doing quite well Honda-san, though I have to wonder how much longer I have to stay here?" You asked him while eying the stars.

"I'm sorry it took longer than expected (Y/n)-chan, but... something unexpected came up and so we have to change our course of action," he responded with hesitation.

"Did something happen? I can help you if you need to"

"I'm afraid this is something out of your hands, please just leave everything to me for now" Japan gave you a sad smile. "But enough about me, you seem troubled earlier. I know you said that you're fine, but is there a possibility that something is not to your liking here?"

"Other than being bumped out from being homesick... I'm just a bit concern... and scared..." you confessed, "Now that I have time to think it over, I'm concern for my actions. I wonder whether the choice I made is merely just because I was being emotional...."

You needn't explain more, as Honda nods in understanding. He knows how you must have felt since he too has his fair share of hard decisions to make. "I'm afraid I can't help with that, but I can give you a valuable lesson someone use to taught me".

Japan let out a forceful smile, remembering the man who used to call him his brother... the same man he betrayed and scar. Though the event has happened a long time ago, it was still fresh in his mind; the feeling of his katana slashing across the person's back. It was something he isn't proud of, yet it is also something he didn't regret.

"Trust yourself to make the best decision, to do what you think is right"

You widened your eyes a bit at the words he has spoken. Such simple words that hold such value especially in your condition now. You take a moment to take it all in and process the information well in your mind, making sure that you won't forget it.

Japan was a bit doubtful that your young mind might not be able to grasp the deep meaning behind those words, but he chooses not to mention it.

With all that has happened recently, you felt eager to see your mother once again, if only just to ask for the answers to the multiple questions in your head. Everything felt chaotic and confusing now, all the more especially since you can't recall a time with your mother before the few days you got sent to Netherlands.