Stay by Netherlands For Now

Since the little outing with Netherlands, everything went normal. Or at least as normal as it can be. You tried your best to avoid talking about anything that might upset or lead to a potential argument with him. It was part of your effort to try to trust him more.

But despite that, internally you felt upset that you were kept in the dark regarding certain things. Yet you kept on trying to convince yourself that maybe this is for the best, that he will tell you everything once the time is right. You know he meant the best for you, and you know that he's trying. Which is why every time you're around him you try to put on a smile. He's fighting for you, and you should do the same for him. Right?

You should suppress this longing feeling for your home.

But at the same time, a darker side of your mind felt that what he wants for you doesn't necessarily what you want for yourself. Nonetheless, you have no options but to listen to him right now. Maybe when the time comes and an opportunity opens up for you, you would think everything over again. For now... just smile.

"Dear (Y/n), I think you should stop this. It's very unhealthy" Lisa's concern voice rung through your quiet room. It was late at night and you were just getting ready for bed after a long night chatting with Netherlands, when Lisa came out of nowhere as usual.

"Stop what?" you tilted your head in confusion. "Whatever are you talking about?"

"Stop fooling yourself (Y/n)." she paused for a while before a sigh escaped her lips, looking at the floor where her figure hovers on. "Your smile... some of them aren't true anymore. Stop hiding your feelings"

"I'm happy here being with you and Mr.Netherlands if that was what you're implying," you said while making your way to climb up on your bed.

"And I'm not saying that that is wrong my dear. I'm just saying that you're not fully being truthful to yourself or... Netherlands"

"What is there to be truthful for?"

"Are you truly happy being here? Is this where you wanted to be?". When you heard that question you quickly went mute, and that was enough for Lisa to understand your answer. "Very well then, if you choose for things to stay this way it's your choice" she answered in a plain tone as if she is disappointed at you like a mother catching her daughter redhanded. Immediately she left you in the dim room right after she finished what she had to say, disappearing into thin air.

You snuggled in your bed and lay your tired head on the pillow, enjoying its soft texture touching your whole body. You were ready to sleep, with your eyes shut tightly and your body in a comfortable position. Although physically you're ready to sleep, mentally you aren't. Inside your mind, you can't help but repeat Lisa's question over and over. Your thoughts felt like it was on overdrive until it exhausted itself and you succumb to slumber.

Unfortunately later that night your sleep was disturbed, because of the rattling noise that you suddenly keep on hearing from your window. At first, you assume that it was just the tree in front of your window, tapping on the glass because of the cold harsh wind outside. You ignored the evergrowing sound in your room up until you heard a creaking noise from the said window.

Your body immediately shoots up, fearing at the possibility of someone trying to sneak in your room, and your suspicion was confirmed at the sight of a dark figure climbing into your room. You quickly scrambled through your bedsheet and blanket to find Netherlands in search of help. When the figure noticed your movement, he quickly staggered up and sprint on his feet, creating unexpectedly silent footsteps towards you.

Feeling your fear creep through your veins. You quickly take a deep breath to call out for Netherlands, considering that you won't be able to reach the door in time. But right before you even produce any sound, the stranger quickly tackled you down, and have his hand cover your mouth.