Friends

Jokes on him, what Netherlands thought would only last for a night turns out to be more than a few days. He thought that you will drop the negative attitude towards him after some time alone, turns out no matter how many days he tried to minimize any sort of interaction towards you, you're still quite crude and blunt.

And this drags on up until this fine morning, well at least it would be fine if only you didn't give him the cold shoulder.

"I'll be going now" Netherlands announced while wrapping his long scarf on his neck. Winter is here already which leads the tall persona to dress warmly before heading out, bracing himself for the cold winds as he opened the main door.

He looked at your direction, expecting a good wish from you as he departs, a custom habit you have ever since you've lived with him but sadly that's not what he gets. Your only response with a small hum of acknowledgment. Standing still at the opened doorway, Netherlands secretly felt a small feeling of longing to your soft and kind voice.

Usually, your morning routine consists of greeting him 'good morning', serving him his daily morning coffee, then lastly see him off for work. Although at times back then you would try to persuade him once again to go home, he would rather prefer that futile bantering then this lonely silence.

Cuddling the warm wool blanket, you let out a small shiver as you feel the cold winds invade your warm tempered room; there is a reason that you cranked up the heater almost all the way to the max, and it is not so Netherlands can cool it back down with the winds outside.

You're quite sensitive to cold, due to being born in a tropical country thus you really didn't appreciate the fact that he stood at the doorway while leaving the door open.

"Could you please close the door than standing around there?!" you hissed while hugging yourself, trying to keep any warmth left you have in your body. "It's cold enough here, I don't want to waste the heater!"

Hearing the harsh tone you used towards him, he could only sigh in response. He knew that he often does the same thing over and over to other people, yet he rarely gets to be the receiving side and he admitted that it didn't feel nice. He wouldn't mind if it's other people who do so, yet your alienation to him particularly is quite bothersome.

He quietly closed the door in front of him while staying put in the house, deciding to be a bit late to work today. "Are you upset with me?" Netherlands asked while slowly making his way to you.

"No, why do you ask?" you answered him back with a sassy attitude.

"Well, you have been acting quite... 'strangely' these past few days. I was just wondering whether I had something to do with it?"

"Oh, nothing's wrong. Everything is just perfecte", you said the word perfect in a horrible attempt to mimic a dutch accent as if mocking him. Your sarcastic approach did strike a nerve in him, but after taking a deep breath he decides to surpass his emotions for now; after all, he can't go anywhere by arguing with you.

He said nothing in response to your comment, instead, he took a seat at the couch right next to you while setting his pipe on his mouth.

"Don't smoke around me" you complained.

"The pipe is not lit so it shouldn't bother you" he pointed out to you by setting his pinger in the pipe to show that it is unlit. You pouted in response and didn't push the matter further, instead you bring up another topic.

"I thought you're heading out for work, you will be late if you don't go now"

"I will go after you told me what is wrong"