Lestari's Epic

Just as Honda promised you, you were given a position of power as a general. As a gesture to congratulate you, your sultan friend, Hamengkubuwono, bestowed upon you access to the building that was once your mother's living quarters. Which is also where your mother's office is: which his forefathers have left untouched since your mother's last departure from the palace.

Rumours said that your mother's living quarters and office was strategically built within the palace walls, with a hidden entrance which is only known by the royal family and your mother herself, other than them, only specific individuals are allowed to know about this secret area.

It was intentionally hidden to provide your mother with a place where she can rest easy out of the public's view. In a dire situation, it could be a place where she can remain in hiding under the palace's protection.

The place wasn't even drawn in the palace map, since the build itself was constructed in secret as your mother requested. The purpose of this secrecy was unknown even to the royal families, but they trust and respected your mother enough to comply with her request. Their only guess was that your mother was keeping secret information that possibly only personifications are allowed to know, and as their land's personifications they trust that whatever your mother is doing is for the sake of themselves, so they never question her motives or secrets.

As if for extra measures, your mother also build a few statues by the front gates as a 'home' for the female spirits who guards the place for her. But not just any spirits, four beautiful female souls with their forms clad in traditional old-styled clothing. The four females that were given this responsibility, was formerly humans before they died. They are servants as well as friends who dedicated their lives for your mother when she was young, choosing to serve her even after death instead of going to purgatory to wait for judgement day.

Pramidita the intelligent one, Diatmika the kindest, Estiana the ambitious one, and Danastri the purest and the youngest of the four.

Like any other spirits, the four was able to read your mind and identify your honesty when you claimed that you were indeed Lestari's daughter. They welcomed your arrival instead of disrupting you mentally or physically, like what they do to those who trail in this forbidden territory without permission.

When you first enter your mother's residence, you made your way to her office to find that it was untouched for a very long time and it shows from the obvious thick layer of dust upon every surface, including the floor which leads to leaving behind footprints if you were to ever walk on it. The big dust bunnies were not your only concern regarding the office's cleanliness, it was also the number of scattered papers that were left behind on the floor. from the way it scattered, it seems that it was once a single pile of papers knocked down from the desk. Your mother must have accidentally hit the pile of papers off the desk when she left for the last time.

Looking over all of the mess and dust you have to clean up, you feel your body ache at the thought of the amount of labour intense cleaning you'll be doing in the next few days before you can label this rooms usable. It's also unfortunate because you couldn't bring any servant of the palace here with you to help you with the cleaning since it's a restricted area for them.

You were not looking forward to doing all of this cleaning alone, but at the same time you're also curious about what would the office looks like when you're done with it, what it once looked like when your mother was alive. So you use that as a little motivation throughout your labour.

First, you opened all the windows to let fresh air in the room, thankfully it's not a windy day so all the paper documents will be safe from being blown away. Next, you bring out all of the items inside to the terras and organize them into small individual piles, and then try to move the big furniture just enough to be able to clean all of the dirt underneath it. While you were doing all of these chores, you didn't forget to use a handkerchief to cover the lower half of your face to protect yourself from all of the dust that will be flying around the room while you clean, hoping at the very least some of those dust will be flying out of the windows instead of finding a new surface to land on.