Avenging Act

Setting down your pen, you sighed in contentment when you finished the last of your papers way earlier than expected for once. You've finished all paperwork you needed to do and you've also read the report Honda send to you regarding the circumstances that are going on outside your residence.

Being cooped up in your residence has its benefits and downfall. You did manage to finish all your necessary documents sooner than expected, thus speeding up the progress of your plan. But the downfall is you end up lacking any connection to the outside world, rendering you oblivious to the things that unfold outside.

To make up for this, Honda was suspiciously kind enough to give you a written report about all of the progress, events, and circumstances that unfold beyond your walls of confinement. Month by month Honda hands over a relatively satisfying report that gave you an overview of your country's progress and occasionally a few bad news, but that was expected.

"I don't trust him," you wrote in your next letter to Alfred. "Everything is going along too easily, and I'm not liking it. I have a bad feeling about this"

Since the beginning, when Honda would visit you to give you the next paperwork to finish, the four spirits that guard the place were very tense in his presence. They say that something in his mind is not pure like he has his own hidden intention for helping you.

And knowing him, it didn't sound surprising anymore.

Honda always has his own agenda. Honour and obedience to his own country are unquestionable absolute for him, and although he might promise you your independence with pure heart, he has his own priorities and that's what you should keep in mind.

Although the four sisters either couldn't or wouldn't specify what's going on in his mind when he visits you, they each have something to say about him.

"I don't like him..." Danastri starts in a whisper. "I don't understand why but I just don't like him! Just like how I know I don't like coconut, I don't know why but I just don't like both of them!" She voices her opinion with a passion. Whether is purely her passion for disliking coconut or honda, or maybe both, you are unsure.

"The bastard holds true loyalty and honour to his country as a hero, I respect that, but it just means that he's a villain in someone else's story" Estiana growled while glaring at the oblivious Japanese man just a few days ago. "he is not on our side", she reminded you. "you are just walking on the same path as him. Remember that even a friend can shoot you in the head if they want to" she huffed.

Danastri and Estiana isn't the only one who has their doubts about Honda, even the kind Diatmika was wary of him.

"Every time he comes here, his mind is focused on hiding something... fabricating lies for it" Diatmika spoke to you once. "he's calculating... and his aura says it all... that he's up to no good... reminds me of someone I know in the past..."

For whatever reasons, Honda seems to catch the four spirit's attention in a negative way, unfortunately. To the point that even Pramidita had to warn you out of concern.

"The Japanese personification.... His devotion is a solid rock, withstanding time has only strengthened it. But a boulder will not move on its own, it rolls down where its land directed it to..." she went quiet for a moment, choosing her words carefully, careful so she won't speak too much. "I suggest you be wary and heed the signs..."

All four spirits warned you at least once each. Their words didn't fall on deaf ears, of course. You took them all into account.

In fact, their warnings convince you that you weren't the only person who find all of this suspicious.