Getting to know Netherlands

Days past by easier for you since you've met the other 3 countries, and before you know it a year has passed. Now is the point where your feeling of homesick has reached its peak. You even started to wonder whether you'll ever go home.

What's worse was because of the war, Arthur and Alfred rarely visit you now, and Honda, he basically disappeared without a trace. You couldn't reach him anymore, feeling worried for him you start questioning where had he gone. You couldn't go out of the manor because recently Netherland has been quite strict about that, and when you asked the two brothers about him, they couldn't answer you as if they're hiding something. You know you have no choice but there's only one person left to ask, which is Netherland.

It was winter, just like last year when Honda gave you your first bento. Even though it's early in the morning the weather is quite chilly already and the wind outside is blowing the cold air around. Thankfully inside the manor, you're all warm up thanks to the heater and fireplace, located in the main room to which where you are now with Netherlands. On the contrary to your comfortable situation, Netherland's eyebrow twitches in irritation regarding the warm temperature, his neck started to sweat as he moves to rearrange his scarf from time to time.

Netherlands was enjoying his daily brew of coffee with a newspaper in hand when the warm temperature the room started to bother him. "Can you please turn down the heat, It is starting to feel like east indies here" he complained with his usual calm tone, before setting down the cup on the coffee table.

"Um... I think that's the point" without sparring Netherlands even a glance, you answered him back in a tone that equally matches his. "The weather is just too cold for me, I just can't understand how you people can even tolerate this."

Thanks to due time your heated quarrel with Netherlands started to die down, although it still happens from time to time. It became a bit tiring to keep on being angry with him so you moved on to being more towards cold rather than sassy. Not that it sits well with Netherlannds either-or.

When the book on your hands has started to be uninteresting to your eye, you set it down on the short coffee table between you and Netherlands before proceeding eye contact with him. "Mr. Netherland... can I ask something?"

"What is it?" he asks uninterestingly as always.

"It's about a friend of ours... the other countries..." you paused a bit, trying to put together the words you're going to say. But before you could continue your sentence, Netherlands cut you off.

"If this is about inviting other countries here, I already know"

"That's not it, I- wait what?" "You knew?" "And you're not mad?"

"I do not have a reason to be angry at such a trivial thing, unless should I be aware of something?." Netherland rose a brow as he gave you a questioning gaze. Noticing his attention on you, you quickly shake your head sideways, denying his suspicion. "As long as you know the boundaries, all will be well." When you knew that he knew, you felt a little bit relieved, this will make things much easier to explain.

"But... How did you know?" feeling a bit curious, you wanted to know where your misstep was. Whether it was because you're being too obvious nor because of something else. Since you've tried so hard to hide this away from him.

"It is not that hard really, considering how fast our supply ran out." Netherland folded the newspaper on his hands and set it across the book you were reading, trying to hide the truth to how he found out. "Only one person I knew who can eat that much, and that person is an American. As for the tea leaves, only a British would drink that much tea. As for the Japanese, I just assume you invited him too"