Obedience school?: Chapter 15

Ella's POV

Negan got up after we ate breakfast and picked up our plates to take them to the sink and put them away. He's not as mad as he was when we first stated breakfast, but I can tell he's still mad for the way I acted this morning.

I rested my arms on the table and sat my head down. I could literally go to sleep right now, that's how tired I am. I am completely exhausted from everything that happened yesterday and I still have no energy even though I slept for like 7 hours last night.

I heard Negan behind me, washing the dishes off under the water at the sink, then heard the water stop and the sound of them clinging together told me that he was putting them away in the cabinet.

A few seconds later, I heard his footsteps coming from behind me "No, come on, sit up" He talked soft but demanding. I felt a hand shake my shoulder.

I looked up and Negan sat back down in his chair. I rested my head on my hand and yawned "I'm tired, do we have to do this?" I asked with my eyes closed.

"Believe me, I rather be sleeping right now too, but we've got to do something about this disobedience, because you disobeying me, is not going to fucking work"

"Your acting like I always disobey you, I don't do it everyday, everyone disobeys sometimes"

"And there's that fucking attitude again"

My mouth dropped like I was offended and I raised up "Because I said everyone disobeys sometimes?"

"No because that fucking tone in your voice when your talking to me"

"What tone? All I said is-"

"I know what you said, I'm not fucking deaf. But you sure the hell seem like you are, considering you continuously don't listen"

"I don't continuously not listen, I was good for a whole week" I said with a matter of fact tone.

"That's right, you was. You wanna tell me why?"

"Why what?"

"Why you was good all week"

"Because I listened?"

"No, it's because I told you that if I got on to you more then twice then you couldn't go to The Kingdom. That right there proves you can obey me but you just choose not to"

"What? No, th-"

"Shhh" he held up a finger, cutting me off. "I don't want you to only listen to me by bribing you with shit, I want you to obey the rules I give you just for the respect out of doing so"

"Respect? Why should I give you respect when you never even give me any?"

"Excuse the fuck out of me, but who the hell feeds you? Who makes sure you sleep safe from walkers? And tell me, who fucking defended your life at Hill Top?"

"Yeah but-"

"Don't fucking say but. That sounds like I've done a shit ton of stuff for you, and lately I've received very little respect in return"

I breathed a breath of frustration and shook my head, being annoyed that he keeps interrupting me. "Ok you've done a lot for me, but so what? You always-"

"Did you just fucking say 'so what'? That's a hell of a lot for me to do for you. Before you, I would've never did that for anyone, so you need to be a little more fucking grateful because I don't have to do any of this shit that I do for you, but I do"