Rules: Chapter 4

Ella's POV

It's been around 30 minutes since Negan left and it's dark outside now and the sun completely set. Me and Carl has been talking the whole time and just getting to know each other. I can tell he's a really sweet person and has a good heart. I don't regret saving him, even if I did get my ass beat, I wouldn't change what I did.

He told me all kinds of story's from what happened before he came to Alexandera. He told me about this one guy they called the Governor and how he was a bad man. Then how him and Rick, Rick is the man who I thought was Carls father, along with some other people, took over a prison but then it got overran by walkers so they had to leave and then everyone got split up.

Then he was telling me how they all found each other at this other group called Terminus, which turned out to be people luring in other people so they could take their stuff and kill them, but luckily they excepted.

"What about you? What happened with you since all of this started?" Carl asked.

"Um, nothing really." I shrugged. "I stayed in the same house that I was in since before that happened, so when the apocalypse came, nothing really changed for me except we couldn't get anymore food and supplies"

Carl nodded as I explained.

"What about your dad, what was he like?" It took me a moment to think because I wasn't expecting that question. I guess Carl noticed my face "I'm sorry..you don't have to talk about it"

I shook my head while saying "No it's fine, I just wasn't expecting that question. Um," I thought for a moment, "He was a good person, always cared about others and put them before his self" I looked down and smiled "He was a great guy"

Carl nodded "I'm sorry that he didn't..."

I nodded, showing him I knew what he was referring to. "Thanks."

I got into the conversation about what happened with Mark years ago and what he did for me after he found me and what happened after that. Carl also agreed that he was a good person and he would've liked to meet him.

It was quite for a few long moments after that conversation ended, so I decided to brake the tension by falling back on the couch with a thump and said "I'm tired"

"I am too, it's been a long day" Carl chuckled, leaning back as well.

"You can say that again" I chuckled. My smile started slowly disappearing when I asked this next question "When do you think Negan will be back?"

"I don't know, why?"

"Because I hope it's no time soon. I hope he never comes back, I don't want him to"

Carl half hearted laughed "We can only hope, but I don't think we'd get that lucky"

I looked over at him and lightly laughed as well, knowing that he was probably right, but was disappointed when I thought about Negan coming back.....I really really don't want him to, I don't want to be near him and I don't want to go back with him. I don't care where I stay, as long as it's not with him.

Carl had one hand under his head while the other one was resting on his stomach and we both stared up at the ceiling. Before I knew it, I was closing my eyes and drifted to sleep.

Rick's POV

I've been sitting at the table looking at old pictures form before the world fell. I studied each picture for a while, remembering the good days. I realized that I didn't hear Carl or the girl, named Ella, talking anymore so I looked over there to see what they was doing.