A wolfing suprise: chapter 20

Ella's POV
*45 minutes later*

"There is no fucking way, your cheating somehow aren't you?" Negan laughed as I won the 5th game of goldfish in a roll with the cards he found at that house. I'm glad he found them, if he didn't then this trip would of been very boring if we had nothing to do.

I chuckled "No"

"You can't be that lucky, I don't suck that bad at card games" he chuckled also.

I shrugged "Maybe you do, you just didn't know until you met me" I laughed.

He dramatically put his hand on his chest "Ouch, I am truly fucking hurt"

I laughed in response to his cocky merriment behavior. "Sometimes the truth hurts"

He shook his head "You are something else, wolfie" he laughed and dealt another game for the both of us.

I smiled "I know"

Before we started the game, I looked up and smiled when I seen a gate entrance, which I'm assuming it's to the new community. "Look we're here!"

Negan also looked up, then smiled. "We sure are"

Simon pulled the truck up next to the other trucks and parked. Negan put the cards up on the dashboard and grabbed his bat, opening his door to get out. I excitedly hopped out right behind him and shut the door back.

We both began walking towards his other men. Some of them had strange looks on their faces when they seen me, they're probably wondering how I got here since they didn't see me get in the truck with Negan before they left Alexandera, but they quickly took their attention off of me and onto Negan when he started talking and barking off orders to them in his stern boss voice.

As Negan was doing that, I didn't pay much attention to what he was saying. Instead, I was taking in my new surrounding. I muted him and the others out and listened to the forest that was around me. I heard crickets and a few birds singing, I also heard the sound of twigs braking off of the trees and land on the ground that was covered in dry leaves. I looked up at the trees and they was almost completely bare of leaves from the cold weather approaching.

I'm not sure if it's still October or if it's already November, but one thing is for sure, whatever month it is, it's cold. Cold weather never really bothered me that much, but I do prefer the warmer seasons. Then again, without winter you'd miss out on all the leaves changing and the beautiful snow, so I do like winter as well.

My ear twitched when I heard a noise and seen a squirrel running up a tree. I smiled and my curiosity got the better of me because I wanted to watch it, so I walked away from Negan and his men and started walking more into the woods, not too far, but just enough to look.

The sound of a car door shutting behind me made me stop and turn around. I didn't know Simon was still in the truck until he just got out and shut the door behind him. He looked over at me and said "What are you doing" in his famous 'I hate you' voice.

"Looking" I replied plainly, ignoring his tone.

"Shouldn't do that"

"Why"

He held his hands up defensively "Listen, you wanna be walker chow? I'm not stopping you" he turned around and walked away to the others before I had a chance to speak.

I rolled my eyes but decided to go back because he was right. I don't have any type of weapon on me so if a walker just popped up, I'd be history. I walked back over to Negan and he seemed like he didn't even notice I was gone, I guess he was to busy bossing people around.