Shedded Tears: Chapter 31

TRIGGER WARNING. ⚠️ Suicidal thoughts⚠️

Carl's POV

"What was you saying about the saviors, something about them beating up someone?" I asked dad after remembering what he started to say before he seen Ella was here.

"Last night Negan and some of his guys was seen going into Zoey's house and beating Nathen half to death for no reason. They did a good number on him, he was unconscious until this morning "

I couldn't hold back anymore. "That asshole deserved it. They should've killed him"

Dad looked at me strange "What are you talking about?" He raised an eyebrow before continuing "Is there something I don't know?"

I signed "Yeah, there is."

A moment past and he didn't respond, so I looked up and seen him looking at me expectingly, waiting for me to explain and tell him what he didn't know.

"He's a child abuser. Physically and psychologically. He's hurt Zoey to the point of her having bruises all over her arms, he's told her she was worthless and stupid and a mistake, that nobody wanted her or cared, making me talk her out of doing something to herself multiple times. He should be dead for what all he's put her through........she didn't deserve any of that!" I snapped, I didn't mean to snap like that but just thinking about him made me angry. I shook my head and calmed down "Negan should of killed him" I muttered the last part to myself, but loud enough that I'm pretty sure dad heard me.

"Why didn't you tell me all of this before? How long have you known about what was going on?" Dads tone told me he was not happy with me.

"A while."

"How long, Carl?" he asked gravely.

"I don't know, ok? I don't know exactly how long it's been. It was before I met Ella"

"You met Ella months ago, and you knew before then?! Why didn't you say anything to me?" He snapped/yelled.

I stood up from the couch, not wanting to be sitting down after he yelled. "I was trying to get her to do it herself!" I snapped back. "She was scared and didn't want me to, so I tried my fucking best to get her to do it herself on her own time so she would be mentally ready and wouldn't have it just sprung onto her and happen all at once!"

Everything was quiet for a long moment, I sighed again and dropped my head, talking quietly as I said "It would've overwhelmed her... that's why I didn't tell you, dad. I didn't because I wanted her to be ready on her own"

Ella's POV

It's been a little bit since I left my house so Negan and Zoey could talk, it's been like almost two hours already. I decided that I was gonna go back to my house. I'm assuming that it's been long enough for them to talk or whatever, but if not then I'll just go sit in my room or something. I'm tired of walking around in the cold and being on edge about a certain someone. I'm just ready to go home.

I still can not believe that I forgot that I had a phone. I guess since so much was happening that day and then everything after I left the cabin, it didn't cross my mind until a few minutes ago.

Mark got it for me a little bit before I turned 13. It was an early birthday present and he wanted it to be big since I was becoming a teenager. I was so exited when he got it for me, I remember opening the blue rapping paper he used to rap it up in and screaming in excitement when I seen the brand new black iPhone SE. I literally ran around the whole cabin until I collapsed from exhaustion and excitement.