Dejected Pity: Chapter 27

⚠️Trigger Warning. Some abuse, mention of depression and wanting to be dead. Also slight sexual harassment⚠️

Ella's POV

Zoey ended up going home, but not before Negan reminded her that he still didn't believe her, which I think frightened her a little more then what she already was.

After she left, Negan told me to clean the mess up of the broken plate with the broom and dust pan, so I did. I really didn't care to, but I still don't like being told what to do, idk why. Maybe it's just cause I'm a teenager and it's my hormones being rebellious or something.

After I made sure to get all the glass up, I dumped it in the trash and put the broom and dust pan back where they go. Within a few minutes after that, Negan went to bed and I followed, going to my own room and going to bed as well.

As I laid there, I was in thought. 'I know Negan isn't stupid......I know it's only a matter of time until he finds out the truth, one way or another. I dread when that day comes..because I lied straight to his face, MULTIPLE times tonight.... But it was for Zoey, I told her I'd keep her secret safe, and I did, that's all that matters. I told her she could trust me, hopefully tonight I proved that to her'

Zoey's POV

Oh no, no no no no.........Negan seen...AGAIN. What's going to happen when he finds out that I lied to him?? And this isn't the first time that I've lied to his face. In fact, I have serval times. I lied the first night I met him, then the second time I ran into him, and I just keep lying about different things over and over. What will he do to me when he finds out I've been lying to him since day one? What if something bad happens and he hurts me...or kills me to show an example of what happens when someone lies to him. What if—

I had to cut myself off from my racing thoughts before I had a full on panic attack. I could already feel my heart rate increasing at the thoughts of that happening. I tried to calm myself down and take a few deep breaths before I continued to walk home. After a few long moments and deep breaths, I calmed down and continued to walk.

After I got home and walked in, my dad looked at me from the kitchen and said "You have fun with your little 'friend'?" mockingly.

"Y-yeah..I did"

"I'm sure she can't say the same about you." He said, not even looking at me, he was to busy doing whatever it was he was doing. "Ya know, she must be pretty desperate for someone to want to stay with you all day"

I didn't say anything back to him, I just lowered my head in embarrassment and shame. I don't know why he always has to bring me down like that... maybe he does it to keep me mentally weak, making me feel vulnerable to him, which causes me to fear him. I think another reason is so I'll always think lowly of myself, making me feel worthless and not important to the world...just another thing to keep me down.

After a few moments, I spoke "Well, I-I think that she likes having me around......." I paused thinking for a moment, then smiled to myself when I thought about it."..she does like having me around" I was mainly talking to myself on the last part.

"You keep telling yourself that, it isn't gong to make it true"

"It is true..." I said in a low voice, almost a whisper.

"You want to repeat that? Because I think I just heard you fucking back talking me, and I'm pretty fucking sure I told you last night that I'd fix that problem if it happened again" he snapped and this time looked up to meet my face.

I shook my head. "No I-I........never mind," I backed down and dropped my head once again, deciding not to say anything else about it. "I'm sorry"

"That's what I thought." He snapped, then ordered "Come here" and moved his finger in a 'come here' motion.