Mixed Emotions: chapter 21

Zoey's POV

It's been about 5 and a half hours since Ella has left. Carl has kind of been in a downish mood since then. I know he probably got very disappointed when Ella left, because he's been waiting for a week to see her and when he finally does, it's only for an hour then she was gone again. I tried to cheer him up and remind him that she'll be back later but that didn't help much.

Since there was nothing really for us to do today, we finished playing the game of Monopoly with just the two of us after we got lunch. It seemed to take his mind off of everything. Surprisingly, I won the game. I'm not for sure, but I think Carl may have let me win. Either way, we both still had fun playing.

Now it's about 1, maybe 2 PM and to be honest, the only thing we've been doing all day is just talk and play games at Ricks house. We did go on a walk earlier to get some air and stretch our legs. When we got back, we just continued to talk and stuff.

There's not much you can do at Alexandera if your a kid, because they don't let us scavenge or do work stuff, that's only for the adults. They made a rule that no one under the age of 18 is aloud to go. I personally don't want to do anything like that, but I know Carl does. Carl is old enough, but Rick doesn't let him. I know Rick only wants to keep Carl safe, but Carl gets mad at him for it.

I see both sides and their point of views, so I understand where their both coming from, but I don't say anything because it's non of my business.

Ella's POV

After we pulled out of the Guardians place, it seemed tense, but was also silent for a few minutes. Simon was driving and Negan was looking out the window. I could tell he wasn't in a good mood by his body language and how he isn't being his cocky asshole joking self.

I've also been quite. I've been thinking about what happened 20 minutes ago. I was NOT expecting that wolf to attack Negan like that, I don't know why she did. She was really nice when she was with me so I figured that she was calm and tame...I just don't know what happened...It doesn't make sense. But, should it make sense? Maybe she just didn't like him. 'Or maybe it was something else' my thought interrupted but I shook it off.

I'm hoping that Negan didn't hurt her when I walked out of the community, but knowing him, he probably did. I haven't asked him about it yet, but I'm a little scared to because I don't want to get an answer that I won't like. But I want to know and there is really only one way to find out.

So after a few more minutes, I finally asked "Did you hurt the wolf after I came to the truck?"

After a long moment, Negan answered "I'm a man of my fucking word. You should know that"

I let out a breath 'Thank goodness' I mentally smiled to myself. If she got hurt, then I was going to blame myself for not trying hard enough. I would of felt awful, but luckily she is ok.

"Don't you have anything else you'd like to fucking say to me?" Negan asked with anger in his voice.

"Like what" I asked, breaking out of the thought about the wolf.

"Oh I don't know, maybe a fucking apology?" He stated sarcastically.

"For what? Because I didn't want you to kill the wolf?" 'Sorry Negan but I am not apologizeing for protecting a defenseless animal'

"No, you know that's not what I fucking meant" he snapped.

I stared at him for a moment, then felt irritated and couldn't help but to ask "Then what did you mean, Negan?" In a smart alec/pissed tone. I don't know why, but something just seemed to snap and I started to talk without thinking. "If your not pissed about that, then is it because I asked why you couldn't just let it go?"