Gone Agian: Chapter 19

Carl's POV

When I woke up this morning, dad told me that Zoey came here last night, crying and asked for me. So I am going straight to her house to see what that was all about before I do anything else. The only thing I can think of that would be wrong is if her dad did something to her, why else would she be freaking out and crying like my dad told me she was?

I'd say that it's really early, probably about 6:00 AM but I didn't care, I am going there anyway to make sure she's ok. I know that living with her abusive dad has make her very sensitive, so I hope that what ever was wrong, I can help her through it.

I made it to her house quickly from walking fast. I knocked on the door and waited but I didn't get a answer, so I knocked again, still no answer. I started knocking and didn't stop, and I wasn't going to until someone opened the door, I don't care how long it takes.

Finally after a minute of knocking, the door opened. On the other side was Zoey's dad, he looked pissed, I probably just woke him up "Can I help you?" His gruff tired voice asked madly.

I glared at him "Where's Zoey"

"Don't you know what time it is? You don't come to someone's fucking house and pound on the door this early" he snapped.

"I don't care, where is Zoey?"

"Carl" Zoey came out from behind him, looks like she also just woke up. "Is everything ok?" She asked.

"I don't know, you tell me" I said, then glared back up at her dad.

"Let me go get dressed then we'll talk" she said and ran off to her room.

Her dad looked back at me "Just cause your Rick's son doesn't mean you can do what ever the fuck you want" he said, then walked off leaving the door open.

I rolled my eyes at his remark and stood on the porch and waited for Zoey to come back.

Zoey's POV

I hurried and got dressed. Rick must've told Carl about me coming last night, that explains why he's upset and wants to see me. I feel bad about it now, I must have had him so worried.

I opened my door and went out, dads door was shut so I guess he went back to bed. I looked at the front door and seen Carl standing there so I made my way over there, then shut the door once I got out of the house.

"What did he do to you?" Carl said as soon as he seen me. I made a confused face. Before I answered him, he talked again "What happened? My dad said you came to the house last night, freaking out"

"Yeah" I looked down and rubbed my arm. "Umm, well...." I started walking off the porch while he followed behind me.

As we headed back to Rick's house, I began to explain everything that happened last night.

Carl's POV
*20 minutes after they got to Rick's house*

"Why would you do that? What if he killed you?" I asked out of disbelief after she told me everything that happened.

"What else was I supposed to do? Wait until he found me?"

"You should of got me"

"I tried, you was asleep and it's hard to get you up"

"Negan is dangerous, don't you understand that?"

"I know, but I didn't know what else to do"

I sighed and thought for a moment, calming down. "I know that was a spare of the moment decision, but please next time, think things through, I don't want to see another one of my friends get killed by that monster disguised as human. Same with Ella, I just want you two to be safe and you guys are testing your luck with Negan"