Apprehensive Disclosure: chapter 29

Ella's POV
*About 2 hours later*

I'm not sure how long it's been, but a while has past since Zoey has fallen asleep. She's still laying on me so I haven't moved in fear of waking her, so I continued to stay in the same spot I was in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually after about maybe an hour and a half, I was about to doze off because all I was doing was sitting here and I got tired. But before I did, the front door opened and I looked up to see Negan walking in. Me and him made eye contact for a moment, then he looked down at Zoey and seen that she was asleep. He didn't say anything and just silently walked to the kitchen and sat down at the table.

I slowly and carefully scooted out from underneath Zoey and got up, wanting to go see what happened. I went to the kitchen and sat next to Negan. After a moment of silence, I asked "What happened?"

"Shit." He replied, his tone unreadable to what he was thinking. "Shit happened."

I sat in an awkward silence for a moment, not knowing what to say. "So.....it's all taken care of?" I finally asked.

"Yes, it fucking is. I beat the holy fucking shit outta him, and tomorrow I'm going to permanently take fucking care of it, publicly."

I nodded, not really knowing what to say. After a few seconds, Negan looked at me with a stern expression, this time I could read his face and could tell he was pissed. "Ya know, if I didn't get there when I did then that fucker could've killed her. He had her penned to the fucking wall by her fucking neck"

Hearing that made me feel so bad.... knowing that if something did happen to her, then it would be half my fault for not telling him sooner. I lowered my head just thinking about that....'What if it was to late? What if I was half the reason for her death?....I would've never forgiven myself..'

"Feel bad, huh? I bet you are wishing you'd told me instead of waiting, don't you?" Negan asked with no sympathy behind his voice.

I weakly nodded my head but didn't meet his eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you last night.." I said quietly.

"You should be" he replied with a stern tone.

My ears lowered in shame. "It's just... I told Zoey that I wouldn't, and I didn't want to -"

"Quite frankly, little wolf, I don't give a fucking shit." he interrupted me, causing me to go silent and look up at him. After a long moment, he continued "You lied to my fucking face, so did Zoey. And about a serious fucking matter, something that could've costed her her fucking life."

His tone made it clear that he was upset and angry...but the look in his eyes when he said that just now showed his concern and distress about it all.

'I don't think he's just mad about us lying, I think he's more upset about the fact that something bad could've happened to Zoey and he was worried about her.............

maybe'

"I know...I'm sorry" I spoke quietly again and avoided eye contact, feeling ashamed.

"We'll talk about this in the morning. It's getting late, you need to get to bed." His tone made it hard to read what he was thinking again, but also had a hint of demand to it.

I nodded silently and stood up from the table. "Goodnight" I whispered before walking off.

"Goodnight."

I went to my room and cracked my door, then cut my light off and crawled in bed. 'Tomorrow..' I thought as I went to sleep.

Negan's POV