Chapter 29:

Ransom's secret diary!

It's right on his work desk, by the windowsill.

Why would the diary be out in the open?

Well I suppose Ransom was probably not expecting me to be in his room alone.

Or did he?

I sit on the bed and look at the diary, contemplating if I should read it or not.

The diary is probably locked.

On one hand, I'll be invading his privacy however; I may just find an answer as to why he gets so possessive.

...

Dammit!

Curiosity gets the best of me and I walk over to retrieve the diary, but the diary has no lock on it. Usually secret diaries have locks on them. That's like...the whole purpose of a secret diary.

My ears perk up as I hear a noise and I immediately turn around - thinking Ransom would be at the door with his hands crossed, catching me in the act.

Phew! False alarm.

It was just someone walking past the door. I open the diary to a random page, and the first word I spot is "beautiful".

Ransom is surprisingly speaking about me in this diary entry. I cannot help but snort at that word.

How does he find me beautiful?

I look at the date on the page and I see that this diary entry was written when Ransom and I were still in the beginning stages of dating.

The diary entry reads:

"Diary Entry:

This is the 5th date I have had with Evelyn, and finally, I met a beautiful woman who is not after my money! Thank fucking goodness! She is actually interested in what I do - even if it's not that much.

Harlan likes her too! He even told me she may be 'the one'.

She really is beautiful!!

Words cannot describe her beauty!

Her eyes match my own, her hair smells like strawberries - reminding me of my childhood days - and then there are her lips. Oh! Her lips are so luscious and full. My mom had the fucking audacity today to mock Evelyn's lips IN FRONT OF MY WHOLE FAMILY! Her lips fit my own perfectly and if I could, I would kiss her constantly.

Let's not forget her body! Oh my fuck! Her body is so fucking sexy!

She may not be my 'type' of woman, but I don't care. Evelyn is so fucking beautiful!

I am so aroused by her that I may just -"

Okay!

I stop reading because I really don't need to know what else he wrote after he started writing about my body.

I need to refrain from barfing right now!

Again, how does Ransom see my beauty?

I turn the page and the next 2 pages are...just about the intimacy we both have.

Why Ransom? Why write about the intimacy we both have?

Well YOU are invading Ransom's privacy!

Ransom really liked me back then, like...okay; I knew he liked me, but not this much. Back then he was so kind-hearted and would always be a gentleman. He would open the door for me, he would open the car door for me before I could get out and he wanted to spend as much time with me as possible because he didn't like it when he wasn't with me. Unfortunately, that was a long time ago.