Chapter 47:

Please read the writer's note before continuing with this chapter.

Evelyn:

Ransom kept this photo album? After all this time?

Something is different about this photo album...it contains photos...of mostly me. This photo album contained photos of both Ransom and I in the past.

Where are all the photos of Ransom?

Ransom used to take photos of me before we broke up...these photos I'm looking at are from when we went hiking...to the dinner parties we attended...to the museums we visited and then there are photos Ransom took of me that I didn't even know of. These photos seem like candid shots...

Should I be worried?

The letters that were stacked next to the photo album were the letters I wrote to Ransom - before we broke up that is because I stopped writing letters to him when I first saw him walking off with Callie.

Fucking Callie!

I pick up the letters and I see they are dated back to when I first wrote letters to Ransom. It was actually his idea to write letters to each other...

He liked the idea of saying "I wrote a letter to my sweetheart." - instead of 'love' he decided to change it to 'sweetheart'.

It is very hard for Ransom to say the word 'love'.

I must admit, I enjoyed writing letters to Ransom. That way, no one in both our families would be able to read what Ransom and I wrote to each other. It was a sure-fire way of writing in private. Some of the letters did contain meeting places, and other letters were poems or love notes we would write to each other...

But I packed away the letters Ransom sent me - well I threw them in my cupboard, but which cupboard did I throw them in?

I shake my head and go back to paging through the photo album until I halt on one particular photo.

Ransom is kissing me and I am smiling - more like blushing.

I remember this photo, like it was clear as day: Ransom invited me to one of his friend's birthday parties, but I remember I didn't want to go. It wasn't that I didn't want to be around Ransom...it was more on the lines of Linda being at the party - because she insisted on throwing the party - and the fact that Linda purposefully invited Emerald.

Linda knew I was invited to the party, and she wanted Ransom to hook up with Emerald.

I won't lie; Emerald looked very pretty at the party. She was wearing an elegant dress that showed off her figure, and I knew I couldn't match her beauty.

I felt too insecure about my body and I really didn't need to see Linda's condescending face the whole night.

In the end, Ransom was the one who encouraged me to go to the party because according to him, I would stand out from all the women who attended.

Before this photo was taken, Ransom pulled me into his embrace and he told me that I was the most beautiful woman at the party. I couldn't help but smile at those words. He also reassured me that his romantic feelings were for me and no one else. Just as the photo was captured, Ransom leaned in and kissed my cheek, and I smiled.

Those were good times...really good times...I miss those times!

Ransom only cared for me which in itself was a good and bad thing.

Good because it proved that he had compassion. Bad because he didn't seem to care about anyone else.

Ransom seemed to only care about me, but not his family, so I had to encourage him to show some sort of care for his family, but that didn't go down well.