Chapter 46:

Please read the writer's note before continuing with this chapter.

Evelyn:

Can I hide anything from Ransom? Or is he going to find out all of my secrets?

Might as well give him my diary while I'm at it, since he's going to find out all my secrets at some point.

"Answer me!" Ransom demands, his voice firm and aggressive, which makes me jump in my chair.

"I gave the necklace to Lydia to keep okay!" I say with a harsh tone.

Ransom rolls his eyes. "I guessed that, but why would you give your necklace to Lydia to keep? I gave you that necklace as a present." Ransom says with a hostile tone, his lips curl inwards.

I sigh and rub my forehead. "We broke up...remember?"

Ransom heavily sighs. "I know we broke up, but why did you give that necklace to Lydia?" he sneers.

I close my eyes and exhale. "If you let me finish what I want to say...maybe you will know why I gave that necklace to Lydia." I say, clenching my jaw.

My voice is shaking.

I am trying to keep my anger under control, but Ransom is not making it easy for me.

I open my eyes slowly and I try to keep my gaze soft when I look at Ransom, but I'm finding it hard to do.

Ransom rolls his eyes – again. "So you thought since we were no longer together, you would just give your necklace to someone else?" Ransom reprimands.

I crease my brows. "What does it matter? I got the necklace back."

Ransom huffs. "That's not the point Evelyn!"

"Then what is the point?" I snap. "And why are you interrogating me about this? Also, what's with the harsh attitude toward me? You weren't being rude to me earlier."

Ransom places his finger on his lip. "Maybe it's because you are being rude to me." he ridicules.

"Only 'cause you being hostile toward me, over a damn necklace!" I glower.

Ransom's eyes widen, shocked and angry. "It's not just a necklace Evelyn."

I purse my lips and breathe through my nostrils.

I am going to blow up any minute.

Why is Ransom being so rude to me? I got the necklace back didn't I? So why does he feel the need to scold me?

"That necklace is yours. How dare you just give it to someone else." Ransom raises his voice.

"Dammit Ransom!" I smack the table – so hard it startles Ransom and hurts my hand – and I stand up. "We broke up. I thought you cheated on me! That necklace was a reminder of you! I didn't want to think of you – which was hard to do considering you were constantly on my mind. That necklace reminded me of how affectionate you could be – and also how..." I inhale sharply and brace myself because I know Ransom is going to get angry when I say this next word. "...possessive you could be. So yes, I gave that necklace to Lydia to keep because I wanted her to hide it away from me. Be thankful I didn't throw the necklace in the trash, because that was an option." I breathe through my clenched teeth.

My voice is shaking rapidly.

This man can make me feel happy one minute and then angry the very next.

"You...You were going to throw that necklace away...in the trash?" Ransom asks, sounding flabbergasted.

So he didn't even ask why I called him possessive?