Chapter 11:

"Sheila!" I call to my dog who is on top of Lydia. She giggles as Sheila licks her face.

"Do you know where Sheila's tongue has been?" I laugh. The minute I came home, Sheila jumped on me, nearly knocking me down, but I stood my ground. Lydia called Sheila to her, and Sheila jumped on her, knocking her to the floor. Simba ran into my house and ran straight to my backyard.

"Okay...okay..." Lydia chortles, struggling to sit up. "Could you huh...." her eyes point to Sheila and then to me.

I raise my eyebrows. "Yes...Sheila...what time is it?" I ask my fluffy dog.

Sheila jumps off Lydia immediately and fly's to the cupboard, where her food is.

Simba runs back in and whines to Lydia, as if to say that she too wants food.

"Alright my angel." Lydia kisses her dog.

Sheila plows through her food and once she is done, she bolts outside. Simba joins her once she is done eating.

"So..." Lydia holds up her hands as I boil the kettle.

"So?" I tilt my head to the side.

"So..." Lydia says as if I am supposed to know what she is talking about.

"What is it Lydia?"
"You and Ransom!" she beams rather a little too excitedly.

I shrug. "You know I was at his house."

"Yes I knew that, but I want details."

"Details?" I arch an eyebrow, holding back my laughter. Why does she need details?

"What happened between you two that you ended up at his house?"she queries.

I tug my ear. "Oh well...you see...Linda and I had an argument –"

"Was this before or after Ransom arrived?"

"This was before Ransom arrived." I clarify.

"Got it." Lydia packs out the cookies onto a plate and we both make our way to the couch.

"So Linda and I argued. Nothing new. She said I am no good for her son. I said she is basically a bitch and she slapped me. She –"

"She slapped you!" Lydia gasps in astonishment, placing her hands on her cheeks.

"Yes she did. Anyway, Ransom arrived not too long after that and without thinking, I got into his car." I sigh.

"Anything else happened?" Lydia smirks and raises her brows.

I roll my eyes and smile. "Come now Lydia! I am not going to explain every detail."

"So you and Ransom..."

I nod and silently sigh.

"Evelyn!" Lydia shrieks and tries to contain her laughter, but she cannot help it.

I could tell her to stop, but honestly, I too burst into laughter – but I think mine is more hysterical than finding this situation funny. Lydia and I laugh so much that we end up in stitches.

"Why Evelyn? Why? Were you drunk again? You know you can get a bit um...too happy when you drink."

I cover my mouth and shut my eyes. "I was actually." I muffle into my hands.

I lean too close to the edge of the couch and I fall to the ground. "Ow!" I scream, but continue to laugh.

"Dammit! Are you okay?" Lydia is at my side. Her laughter fades.

Your GhostOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara