chapter 41.

All I remember was hearing Isaac say he's a werewolf. I slowly turned to my other side and realized I was in Lydia's bedroom. I felt like my whole body was numb and all of a sudden, I felt sick. I ran to the bathroom, hoping that if anything was going to happen, it'd wait. I stood in the bathroom, waiting for myself to throw up or something but it wasn't happening. I wet a wash cloth and placed it on my face for a few seconds until I heard a knock on the door.

"Ash?" I could hear Stiles say from the other side of the door. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I just need a few seconds." I said.

Seconds had turned into minutes. My heart was aching simply because Isaac had kept such a huge secret from me for the past year almost. What was I supposed to think? All I know is that if he can keep something like that hidden so well, then I don't want to know what else he could be hiding. I stood from the place I had been sitting on the edge of the tub and sighed. I'll have to face it one way or another. I opened the door and saw Stiles. He looked at me with pity but right now, I didn't want pity. I wanted someone to explain to me why they had kept such a huge secret from me.

I walked past Stiles and smiled a little, just to let him know - or well, think I'm okay. I enter the living room and see that everyone's acting normal. Even Isaac. But what's happening isn't normal and I'm frustrated. No one in this house could honestly care how I feel, apparently. I sneak back out of the living room, hoping I can leave without anyone knowing. Of course, Stiles notices.

I put my coat on while he looks at me for a few seconds.

"Why're you leaving?" He asks me and I roll my eyes and scoff.

"You're kidding me, right?" I turn around and open the door. "They're all acting like nothing has just happened."

"It's because they're used to it, Ash!"

"Well, I'm not Stiles. This is completely new to me. I'll talk to you at school tomorrow or something. Goodbye."

And with that, I walk to my car. I didn't mean to snap at him. I love Stiles and he knows that. I'll send him a text or something apologizing later but right now I just want to get home and pretend that life rules and everything's completely okay. On my drive home, I pray that my dad is home because if he isn't, I'll seriously drive to Washington. I can't stand to sit in silence right now.

I finally make it home. I lock my car and get the mail before unlocking the front door and going inside. It was all just bills. I hear whistling in the kitchen so I walk in there. Yes, my dad is here!

When I walk in the kitchen, I see my dad and a woman next to him. She had long, brown hair. When she turned around, she smiled really big. My dad following behind her.

"Hey, Ashlyn!" The woman says to me and I see my dads hand around her hip. He's smiling really big. I reply with a hello and shake her hand. "Your father has told me oh-so much about you."

"Has he? Hopefully all good things." I laugh and my dad smiles even bigger.

"This is Katherine. We met through work." He says to me and I smile.

"Ah, okay. Are you guys having some sort of dinner together, dad?"

"Yeah, would you like to join us tonight?" He asks me and I'd rather not. They deserve some time alone.

I shake my head, declining his offer. "Maybe tomorrow we can all go out for pizza, though? That would be fun!"

"Oh, yes!!!" Katherine practically shouts and we all laugh.

"Great! I'll see you guys tomorrow then. Dad, are you staying home tonight?" I ask, hoping he says yes.

"Yes," he says and a weight is lifted from me. "We're just going to lounge around here. Goodnight, Ash! Love you."