chapter 45.

It feels like the world stops as I watch Isaac run over to Scott. His side has a deep cut in it and his face is pale. I watch as they begin covering the cut and Stiles leaves the room. I assume he's getting sick.

"Lydia, go get some more bandage and bring back water and ice." Isaac says while he tries to keep pressure on the cut. I follow behind her, not wanting to watch anymore.

"Who's the guy with the beard?" I ask.

"Ah, that's Derek," she says, "he's the one who changed Isaac."

I just shake my head and watch as she grabs the bandages. When we get back downstairs, I get the ice while she gets the water. I didn't really know how to respond to situations like this because I wasn't ever in them but I was trying to do everything I could to help.

I hand the ice to Isaac and he lays it on Scott's side while Derek helps Scott drink some water. They were saying that Scott should've already healed by now which means they can heal without medical attention. Weird.

Isaac has blood everywhere. It's all over his hands and clothes. I've never seen so much blood in my life. I shut my eyes for a second and try to calm myself down. I was scared.

"Scott, I need you to focus on my voice and try to answer my questions if you can." Derek says.

"Do you remember who did this?" Derek asks and Scott shakes his head no.

"Did someone do this?" He asks and Scott nods, telling Derek that someone attacked him.

I start to feel panicked. Do things like this always happen with them? I don't want to see the people I care for most in danger. I can tell Isaac is tense, he's hardly said anything since we brought back the ice.

They had finally got his wound wrapped and I was so thankful for that. We sat in the living room and they talked about what/who could've done this to Scott and why. Scott would let out a groan every few minutes and Isaac and Derek stayed by his side.

I felt like I should go home. There's nothing I could possibly do to help the issue they're dealing with. But if I leave, Isaac may get upset and think that I don't care. I do care, a lot.

I stare off into space and think about what I should do. I wish my dad was home. I text him really quickly and hope that he responds. I try to think about why someone would do this and I just can't even get the whole supernatural thing through my head.

Scott shifts and pushes hisself up. Isaac and Derek help him sit up and Derek hands him the water. We all watch, carefully, making sure he doesn't pass out or anything.

"Are you okay?" Derek asks.

Scott lifts the bandage and the wound is almost gone. In my head, I'm full of shock. No one else is shocked but that's probably because they've seen something like this before. But I haven't and I'm amazed.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. How bad was it?" Scott asks.

"Pretty bad. It wasn't healing for awhile," Derek says and Scott shakes his head, "do you remember what happened?"

"Not really. I remember I was walking in town and someone in the alleyway grabbed my arm. I couldn't see them but they were male and he threatened to kill us. All of us. Then he stabbed me. He knows about us. What we are."

"Did you tell anyone, Ashlyn?" Isaac asks me.

"Why would I do something stupid like that?" I say back and he rolls his eyes. This is exactly why I don't want to be in this group. They can't even trust me. I get up and grab my coat. Isaac follows behind me and tells me he's sorry but I just don't want to be in this anymore.

"No, you don't need to be. But this is done with, Isaac. You can't even trust me. If you can't, they definitely can't." I say and put my coat on.

Isaac goes to walk towards me but Derek puts his hand on Isaac's shoulder, stopping him. I didn't want things to be like this, I don't want to lose Isaac. He looks broken and I know the words I've just spoken shattered him. Just like they did me. I'm just making things worse on this whole group though, and I don't want that. I love all of them and the last thing I want is to see them hurt.

I shut the door behind me and quickly walk to the car as tears fall from my eyes. I hope I didn't just ruin everything but I can't help but think that I did. I probably just lost not only the only person I've ever loved, but my best friends. I start the car and sit there for a second.

Today was going so well, Isaac and I was having a great day and I was really loving it. We had laughed the whole time and I kissed him more times than I can count. Now, today sucks. I lost Isaac, how stupid am I?

I drive home and the doors unlocked. I see my dad sitting on the couch with Katherine. I throw my jacket on the banister and run to my room. I hear my dad coming upstairs and I quickly wipe the tears from my eyes. I didn't want him to see me like this. He opens my door slowly and comes in. He sits beside me and hugs me a second.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, I just ruin everything." I say and he shakes his head in disagreement.

"How could you possibly do that, Ash?"

"I broke up with Isaac." I say and his eyes widen for a second and then he looks at me confused. "Scott was hurt and I just feel like I'm a burden to them. I don't want to do anything stupid."

"Stupid? What would you do that's stupid?" He asks me.

"I just don't want to be weight on their shoulders. I don't want them to worry about me." I say and he hugs me again, which causes me to cry. Hard.

I cry for at least 5 minutes straight and my dad stays by my side the whole time.

"Let's go downstairs. We can watch movies and eat popcorn. I can tell Katherine to come back later or tomorrow."

"No, she can stay, dad. I don't mind her being here." I say.

We walk downstairs and he puts a movie in. I'm not too sure what movie it is but I hope it's funny. I keep staring at my phone and I don't know why. I know Isaac isn't going to text me. I frown, why did I do such a stupid thing? I scream internally and stare at the TV. I zone out but I listen to Katherine and my dad laugh at the movie. I smile a little.

I change my position on the couch from sitting to laying down. My dad and Katherine are on the sofa next to me. I start to feel sleepy and all I remember is my dad putting a blanket over me and sitting back down.

------------

HEY GUYS OMG IMYSM ILY ALL SO MUCH I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY OFF OF SCHOOL. I DID.

ISAAC AND ASHLYN ARE BROKEN UP LMAO OOPS WHAT HAVE I DONE

PLS VOTE, COMMENT, MSG ME IDC ILY GUYS YOU MAKE ME LAUGH

ALSO THIS GIF IS MY L I F E