chapter 4.

Another sleepless night. This is getting old. I lay in bed, tossing and turning, hearing things, and I'm paranoid. I hate not being able to sleep. At least it's Friday.

I toss and turn for another hour and finally fall asleep.

...

My alarm clock goes off and I only got an hour of sleep. This day is going to suck so much. I feel even more tired than I was before I fell asleep. I take a hot shower and start getting ready. I feel like being lazy today, so I put on a tank top, cardigan, skinny jeans, and I put my shoes on. I braid my hair to the side and put my makeup on.

I probably look terrible but oh well. I grab my bag, and head down stairs and go to the kitchen. I lay my bag and phone on the table and make a bowl of cereal. My phone vibrates and scares me making me drop a bowl on the floor. Great.

"Ashlyn?!" My dad yells from the top of the stairs.

"I'm fine dad, just dropped a bowl. I got it!!" I yell back.

I clean up the glass and forget about eating. I go sit in the living room, trying to pass 30 minutes by. I look at my phone, I have a text from Isaac. I smile as I read it.

"Goodmorning, I hope your day has started off okay, I'll see you soon." He's so sweet.

"See you soon, I hope your day has started off well too" I reply.

30 minutes go by quickly and today, I'm kind of excited to go to school. I get to see the friends I have made and I'm having a girls weekend with Lydia and Allison.

The drive to school is quick. I sit in the parking lot and a blue jeep pulls in beside me. They're honking the horn, and when I look over it's Scott and Stiles. Of course it is. I turn the car off and get out.

"Well, hello, sunshine." Stiles laughs.

"Hi, goodmorning." I say.

We all walk inside the school and the bell rings way too quickly. Time to start the day, I suppose. We get in the first class and take our seats. I look up and see that Isaac is in here. I didn't notice him yesterday, weird. I was probably too busy being annoyed with busy work that I didn't notice.

"Hi." I say to him.

"Hey there." He says back, shooting that winner smile at me. I don't understand how someone could look so great.

Mr. Harris comes in and announces that we won't be doing anything today because he has to catch up on stuff. How great is this? No work, and it's Friday.

"So, Isaac. How'd last night go?" Scott says.

"I'm glad I decided to come with you guys." He laughs.

I'm glad too. I think to myself.

I smile at him and he smiles back. I can feel the sleepiness taking over my body, so I lay my head down.

...

"Ashlyn! Ashlyn wake up!" the voice startles me and I wake up. Everyone is leaving the class room. I don't even remember falling asleep. Isaac is standing in front of me. He smiles as I stand up. I feel like I'm about to pass out. Probably just need to wake myself up.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

Yeah, I'm just a little dizzy."

"Here. Give me your bag, I'll carry it for you. Stiles had to get Mr. Harris something and hasn't came back. So, I'll help you around." He smiles.

"Okay, thank you Isaac." I say back.

Ugh, my head is killing me. My body hurts and I feel like I'm about to pass out at any time now. I'm supposed to spend the weekend with Lydia and Allison but I don't know if I'm able to now. Not with the way I'm feeling.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look really pale." Isaac says, sounding concerned.

"Yeah, just feeling sick. That's all." I say back. Keeping the talk little.

Isaac puts his hand around my arm and I feel myself blush. He smiles at me and I feel like he's trying to protect me from something. Like he's trying to make sure I'm okay. He's the best.

....

The day goes by so quickly and I'm ready to get home. I'm walking out to my car as someone yells my name. I turn around and see Isaac. He runs toward me and smiles.

"Feeling any better?" he asks.

"Not at all. I'll probably go home and sleep. I don't believe I'll be able to do the girls night with Allison and Lydia. Which sucks." I say sadly.

"Ah they won't mind, text me if you need anything." He smiles and I get in the car and wave goodbye as he walks away.

I remember that Allison and Lydia had given me their numbers when we went bowling so I texted them both saying I wouldn't be able to do the girls night because I'm sick. I'm sad and I definitely don't want to be in the house all weekend, but whatever.

I pull out of the parking lot and make my way to my house. Thankfully, I was awake enough to drive because earlier I wouldn't have been able to do this.

I get to the house and walk inside. My dad is making cupcakes.

"Hey dad." I say.

"Hey, ash. Are you okay?" How does he always know when I'm not feeling well?

"Yeah, just feeling a little sick. That's all." I say.

"You look super pale, I can make you some soup if you'd like."

"I think I'm just gonna sleep, hopefully it'll go away." I say to him while grabbing a bottle of water.

"Okay, dear. I'll be going to town tonight with a few people so I'll make something to eat and put it up for you." He smiles.

"Okay, dad. That's fine. Thanks, love you."

"Love you too." He says and I walk upstairs.

My head is throbbing, my chest hurts, my entire body is hot. Basically my entire body hurts. I make my way upstairs and head to my bed room. The cool breeze hits me and I shiver. I change into warm clothes since it feels 20 degrees in this house. Or maybe I just have a fever that's making me cold.

I put my hair up and grab my phone. I lay in bed while reading a story from my phone. My dad comes up stairs to tell me he is leaving and that he left me some pizza in the microwave. I tell him goodbye and thank you.

It's already five. I would be with Lydia and Allison right now, but, no I had to get sick. I decide to go downstairs to get the pizza. I grab a drink and start walking back up the stairs when I hear a knock on the bakery door.

Who in the world could that be? I think to myself as I start going back down the stairs. No one was supposed to be coming over. Not that I know of at least.

As I get to the end of the steps, I see that it's Isaac. What? Why is he here? Oh my god. I look terrible. This is not good.

I open the door and he smiles. He's holding a pizza box.

"Brought you some pizza." He smiles and I laugh.

"I'd kindly take it considering pizza is my favorite food, but my dad already got me pizza." I say.

"Well, I'll have to eat it then." He laughs.

"It was nice of you to offer. Did you need anything, or just stopping by?" I ask. Not that I mind because it's nice to have company.

"Oh, just stopping by. It's a Friday night, and I'm not doing anything so I thought I could hang out here? Maybe? If you don't mind." He smiles.

"Of course I don't mind. Although I look absolutely terrible right now, but you can hangout with me. I'm boring though." I laugh.

"No, you don't look terrible and no, you are not boring." He says in sort of a serious tone, but also in a jokingly tone.

"Well, I was just about to go watch TV, so is that okay? Or do you want to watch some movies?"

"Whatever you'd like. I'm down for either. Maybe we'll watch TV and then some movies?" He smiles.

"Sounds like a plan." I smile. Grabbing my plate and drink off the counter.

"Want something to drink before we go to the living room?" I ask him. He nods and I grab him a drink. We make our way into the living room. I sit my plate on the table and grab the remotes.

I don't see why he'd hangout with me, but I'm perfectly fine with this. I'm sure tonight will be great.