chapter 35.

Isaac walks through the door with Rae in his arms. She's bleeding a little and her eyes are shut but I can see her chest slowly rising and falling.

"Oh my god," I say quietly.

"She's okay." Scott says, "she's just scratched up a little. Nothing some bandaids can't fix."

Stiles hugs me and I can't help but smile a little knowing Rae is going to be okay. Isaac looks at me but I look away, not being able to face him yet. I've never been able to stay mad at Isaac because he's too sweet to be mad at. But this was something big, something I should've known from the beginning.

"Ashlyn, go grab the bandaids from the bathroom, please? I've already got the stuff to clean her cuts." Scott says and I make my way upstairs quickly, I grab the bandaids and walk out of the bathroom.

"Here." I say, handing Scott the bandages.

I watch him gently rub the cuts with a cotton swab. Rae starts breathing faster, but Scott whispers close to her ear telling her everything's okay.

Once the cuts were cleaned, I lead Scott to the bedroom where he laid Rae down on the bed and we covered her up.

"He's really sorry," Scott says. Making me look up at him.

"What?" I say back.

"Isaac. He's sorry. He could hardly focus on anything earlier, he was worried you hated him." He smiles a little.

"I don't hate Isaac, I'm just upset."

"Talk to him, or something." He says. "I'm gonna stay up here with her, make sure she's okay."

"Alright. Do you need anything?" I ask, walking towards the door.

"No, not right now. Thanks ash." He smiles and I walk out, shutting the door quietly.

Thoughts rush through my head. Should I talk to Isaac about this? I could never hate him, I'll never hate him. Maybe he wanted to tell me but he thought I wouldn't believe him. I get downstairs and see Isaac sitting on the couch with his arms behind his head and his eyes shut. I can hear Stiles on the phone with someone, probably Lydia.

I walk over to Isaac, trying not to make a sound and I sit beside him, putting my head on his chest and wrapping my arm around his stomach. He hardly moves at all. He puts one of his arms around my shoulder and I kiss his cheek.

"I'm sorry." He says, in the softest tone ever. "I'm horrible."

He lifts up and looks at me. His eyes sparking from the light in the room. I have to look away quickly.

"I wanted to tell you so many times, Ashlyn. But how am I supposed to word it?" He looks at me. "How do I tell someone that there's crazy things going on in this town? You might've not even believed me. I could've lost you just by telling you."

"You wouldn't have lost me. I've cooled down, Isaac. I'm not even mad anymore, just a little upset. It's okay."

"It isn't okay, but I'm sorry. Please don't leave me." He takes my hand in his, rubbing small circles on my knuckles with his thumb.

"I'm not, you've been here for me through some of the worst times and some of the best times." I smile and he leans forward, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I love you," he says. "With all my being."

I laugh a little and the kiss him. He smiles through the kiss, making me smile.

"Chill out, you guys are nasty." Stiles says and it makes me laugh.

Isaac lays on the couch and I lay in front of him. In my mind, I do nothing but thank God for Rae being okay. I have no idea what I would've done with any other outcome. I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for.

"You guys wanna watch some tv?" Stiles asks and I nod my head.

"Not sure what's gonna be on but I'll find something." He laughs and grabs the remote.

He puts it on some kind of movie but I'm not sure what it is. He's really enjoying it though, saying some of the lines with the actors and laughing. I grab the blanket from the back of the couch and cover myself and Isaac up. I hear Isaac laughing at Stiles a little.

---

Stiles had finally fallen asleep. We watched about two movies before he fell asleep and he was loving every minute of it.

I turn to face Isaac, his eyes are shut and his breathing is steady. I place small kisses on his neck. I lay there, listening to his heart beat. What a great sound that is when you hear it from the person you love. I could listen to it all day. Isaac opens his eyes and lifts up, taking his shirt off. I've never seen Isaac sleep with one on.

"Better?" I ask, laughing a little.

"Soooo much better," he laughs and pulls me as close as possible and holds me.

I softly kiss his chest and then lay my head there. Our legs intertwine with each other and I feel at peace.