chapter 22.

Isaac got up from the couch, he grabbed the baseball bat from the closet in case there was someone upstairs. He told me to stay behind but I decide not to. I'd rather not be alone in this house when I just heard glass breaking.

I follow closely behind Isaac - and when I say closely, I mean close. Isaac's breathing is heavy, just enough for me to hear. I rub his back and he positions the bat in his hands in case he has to swing.

We make it to my bedroom door and he looks at me and signals that he's going to open the door. I nod my head and prepare myself. He quickly opens the door, running into my room with the bat in hand. My mouth falls to the floor at the sight in front of me.

Clothes thrown from my dresser, makeup all over the floor, my bed turned over, my vase full of sand with seashells had hit the floor and broken, and pictures were torn off of my wall. I feel my eyes burning and the sight in front of me is enough to make me dizzy. Isaac is by my side in seconds. Speaking to me enough to keep me from passing out.

"Who could've done this?" I say out loud as I'm thinking.

My window to my bedroom was completely open, I'm almost positive that it had been locked ever since I had moved here. Isaac places my bed back to normal and guides me to sit down. He rubs my back and stands up. He looks at me, confused.

"Who do you think could do this?" He asks. I search and search for an answer but I can't seem to find one. I'm confused and I can't even focus. I stand up and walk to the pictures torn off the wall, as I look at the pictures, one person was tore out of them... Isaac. Isaac and I had taken tons of pictures finally and they were tore up. I let out a small gasp and Isaac comes towards me.

He picks up most of the pictures and looks at them. His brows furrow together, confused as to what he's seeing. He turns his head and looks at my computer.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Just weird. Your laptop wasn't on this morning, was it?" He asks. Pointing out the small detail that I wouldn't have noticed.

"No, no I don't think so. Why?"

He walks over to the computer and sits at the chair. He pulls open a tab on the internet and looks at the history. I see his name and he looks at me.

"Did you look me up?" He almost yells.

"What? What're you talking about? I haven't been on my laptop in about four days. And I've been with you all day, how could I have done that?" He stares at me. "Isaac! Why're you so mad about it? Why don't you believe me?"

"Because, Ashlyn! Who else would look me up, huh? Some ghost?! No! Don't lie, tell me the truth!" His voice has risen and I'm almost scared.

"It wasn't me." I say softly.

"Ashlyn!" He slams his fist against the desk, making me flinch. He steps closer to me and I know for a fact that my face is showing how scared I am. "Tell me."

"If you don't believe me, then that's your fault, Isaac. But I haven't even been around my laptop and it's making me mad that you don't trust me." I say back, lowering my voice throughout my sentence. He's probably five steps away from me and he slowly gets closer.

"I believe you, I do. But who else would look me up? I don't get it!"

"I don't know, Isaac. Someone was obviously here but you still are yelling at me. Why does it even matter?"

"It just matters, Ashlyn. I'm sorry I took it out on you, but don't you think that's kind of weird and scary, too?" He says and hugs me. I barely hug back.

"Yeah, it's very strange. I don't understand what's happening." I say and he looks at me.

"Why aren't you hugging me?"

"Because, why should I?"

He then takes my arms and wraps them around him himself and I decide to keep them there.

"Because I need you to." He says and my heart breaks.

Those words easily made me forgive him for his yelling earlier and I wrap my arms tighter around him.

To be honest, I was scared. Too scared to even think about what has happened. Someone is obviously targeting Isaac. Maybe someone doesn't want him with me? I'm confused, scared and nervous. Calling the police wouldn't help. They'd just say it was a break in and end it there.

It was something more than that, something told me I should be terrified and I definitely was. I had never been more scared before.

Isaac lets go as we hear knocking at the front door. I jump at the sound and he grabs the bat, once again.

I follow behind him and quickly. The knocking gets louder and quicker. As we get closer to the door, my heart starts to race. Isaac puts the bat up and stands in front of the door as I get behind the door, ready to open it. I nod at him and he does the same. I countdown from three and open the door.

As I open the door quickly, Isaac's mouth opens to say something.

"Uh, what's going on here?" My dad says.

"Oh uh, well, I-" I interrupt Isaac and give my dad a hug. Isaac lowers the bat and takes it back to the closet and returns.

"Is everything alright?" My dad says.

"No, I have to show you something." He nods and I guide him up the stairs. Isaac behind the both of us. I open my door and my dad looks at me.

"Ashlyn! What happen?!"

"Someone broke in. Isaac and I were watching tv, but then I heard a crashing sound and by the time we got up here, no one was here." I say quickly. "I'm terrified."

"I had the bat ready to attack." Isaac laughs a little. Earning a laugh from both my father and I.

"I saw!" My dad says.

I show him the pictures and he had the same reaction as I did, confused and worried.

"Maybe we should call the police? They could've left finger prints." That reminds me. Maybe they could check for fingerprints. Isaac stands beside me and rubs my back.

"Fingerprints or not, I have a bad feeling about this..." He adds and I instantly feel a panic attack coming.

~~~~~
(If you enjoy these semi-long author notes, please let me know. If not, tell me so I don't waste my time writing them. I can make them short and simple if that's the case. x)

WHATTTTT!? TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY BC WHY NOT YA KNOW

ARE YOU SCARED? BECAUSE I AM AND REALLY NERVOUS! I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY YET ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!! I KNOW I HAVENT BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER CHARACTERS AND GOING TO SCHOOL A LOT IN THIS STORY BUT IT REALLY IS SUPPOSE TO FOCUS ABOUT ISAAC AND ASHLYN AND WHATS HAPPENING.

STILES AND THEM WILL BE IN CHAPTERS SOON BUT IDK WHEN!! JUST WHEN I WANT THEM TO BE MAYBE NEXT CHAPTER IDK IDK THIS IS LONGER THAN IT SHOULD BE

Please enjoy & please, VOTE!!! ♡♡♡

Holding On to You » Isaac Laheyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें