chapter 5.

We've watched TV for about two hours. I would've expected my dad to be back by now, but at least he's out having a good time. Isaac insists that we watch a scary movie. I get scared just by hearing my phone vibrate on a table, I don't want him to see me scared.

"So, scary movie? Yes?" He says. Smiling at me.

"Why a scary movie? How about a chick flick?" I laugh.

"No, scary movie. Come on."

"Ugh, okay. Fine. You choose. And If I jump on you, it's your fault."

"I won't mind." He says smoothly.

This boy is killing me. I bet I'm as red as a tomato right now. He's so nice, and I love seeing that smile of his. It's just so pretty. His blue eyes and how they go from a light blue to a not so light blue. He's just great and he's spending his Friday night with me, when he could be out and about.

"What'd you pick to watch?" I say.

"The Exorcist." He laughs.

"Isaac, are you serious?" I say frowning at him.

"It'll be okay, you big baby!" He starts laughing and I want to hit him. His laugh is so beautiful though.

"Shut up."

...

30 minutes into the movie and I'm hiding my face into Isaac's neck. He's laughing so hard at me and every once in awhile he nudges me with his shoulder making me look at the screen.

"You okay, you big baby?" He says, mocking me while covering his face.

"I'm gonna get you back for this." I say.

"Yeah, okay. Sure."

"I will." I smile at him.

....

I wake up in my bed. I don't remember when or how I got here. But I feel like I've been asleep for years. Although, I did sleep pretty good last night. So, that's a plus. Since I'm sick this weekend, I'll probably just lay in bed all day and watch movies. Sounds fine to me.

"Ashlyn, are you awake?" I hear my dad say as he knocks on my door and comes in.

"Yeah dad, I'm awake." I say and he sits at the end of my bed.

"Feeling any better?"

"A little, but not much." I reply.

"Well, I have to go out of town for some business work. Do you want to go to a friends or stay here by yourself? I don't want you to be alone because you're sick." My dad is always so concerned about me when I'm completely fine.

"I'll just stay here alone, I'll get a friend to come over maybe." I say to him. Hopefully making him feel better.

"Okay, but if you need anything, I mean anything at all, please call or text me. I love you." He says while walking to leave my room.

"Okay dad, I will. I promise. I love you. Have a safe trip." I smile at him and he returns the smile.

I check my phone and see that I have a text from Isaac.

"I carried you to your bedroom last night. You were definitely in a deep sleep. Haha, I'll see you today. It's another movie day." I read.

"Shush, don't talk about my sleeping. And who says you can come over?" I reply. Totally joking because I do want him to come over.

I decide to shower and make myself look somewhat decent while I'm sick. I braid my hair, put a t-shirt on, and some sweat pants. Still look terrible but oh well. I'll live. I see my phone light up and I assume it's Isaac.

"I said I could come over. I even asked your dad before I left last night, he said yes. So you're stuck with me." He replies.

Why didn't my dad tell me? How long was he here for? Well, I don't mind because seeing his face all day is fine with me!

"Well, I guess you could come over. For a little while." I reply.

"I'll stay all night if I want. Shhh. Want anything before I get there?"

"No, unless you want something. But I'm fine." I reply.

"I'll figure something out. See you soon!"

Considering I've already had my shower, and already got my clothes on, I have nothing to do besides lay here and read. I love reading.

I lay here for two hours and read. I then hear a knock at the front door.

I run down the steps and into the front room. I see Isaac with a bag in his hand and he's smiling. As I open the door he hugs me. Okay? I hug him back. That's probably the best hug I've ever had even though it was random.

"Hey, I brought some snacks with me. I didn't really know what to bring."

"You could've just brought yourself." I say.

"Are you hitting on me?" He laughs.

"What? No." Embarrassment. That's what I'm feeling right now.

"Okay, you can go back to your normal color now. You're as red as a tomato."

"I dislike you." I say and we walk into the living room. It's only 3 p.m. so I have no idea why he wants to be here all day when all we do is watch movies.

"Scary movies all day, yeah?" He says.

"No! Why?"

"Because, it's funny seeing you scared."

"Rude." I laugh and he puts a movie in.