Holding On to You

Before you start this book, I just want to say that before this book, I had never written anything before. I've grown so much in my writing and I owe it all to this story. Please forgive me for how bad my timeline was between Ashlyn and Isaac in the beginning. I've tried so hard to please the people who read this story. I hope you guys enjoy. ❤️
**** I know my writing is pretty terrible. I was a sophomore in high school who didn't have a clue on how to write stories. Oops.

------------

I stare off into the dark for what seems like forever. Moving into a new house is always so weird for me. It takes me months to get adjusted to a change like this, but change can be good, right? My fathers business is doing well, and I'll get to start new.

As I lay here in bed, thinking about everything that I possibly can, I feel as if something is in the room with me. I hate the feeling, so I turn on the lamp on my side table. Nothing is there. Of course, I'm just exaggerating because of the change. I need rest, but can't seem to get any.

I have to get up in two hours anyways for the first day at Beacon Hills High School, so, I guess I can go ahead and shower. I'm sure I'll be fine. I head to the bathroom and slowly but surely get undressed. The hot water feels so nice against my skin and I feel like I could just fall asleep in here.

I get out of the shower, and brush my teeth. Mornings are never my thing but it's my first day at school, so I'm trying. I brush out my hair and do my makeup while my hair dries. I get a black shirt that has a pocket on it, and a pair of dark skinny jeans. I get dressed and then fix my hair.

My hair cooperates with me today, not something it usually does considering it's naturally curly and likes to do its own thing. Good start to a day with no sleep. I put my boots on, and head downstairs to the kitchen. I can smell vanilla as I enter the room.

I guess to put off another hour I can make some food and listen to music. Music fills my ears as I eat a donut and drink some milk. I am now regretting not getting any sleep because this is going to be a long day if I continue feeling the way I am now. I hope not, but nothing ever goes my way.

I hear my dad coming down the stairs and he looks happy. It's nice seeing my dad happy again considering the divorce he has just went through with my mother. He was so sad and didn't want to do anything during that time, so seeing him now makes me feel a lot better.

I really don't know what I'd do without my parents, they've both helped me through a lot, and I love them both with everything in me, but I feel better here with my dad. I'm able to help him and focus on myself as well. Not that I do much focusing on me.

"Goodmorning, dear" my dad says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Goodmorning, dad. How'd you sleep?" I say as I walk over to the trash can to throw away my trash.

"Pretty good. Best sleep I've had in awhile, you?"

"I didn't sleep, but I'll be okay! It's probably just the change and going to a new school." I don't want him to think it's about the divorce, because it really isn't..anymore, at least.

"Well, I'm sure you'll get settled and be able to sleep soon. I'll be down town today for awhile, so I probably won't be here when you get home." He says as he grabs a box with cake in it and heads for the door.

"That's okay, I'll probably go look around town after school today, I'm not sure." I know that I won't be going to town, as much as I really need to explore this place, I'm not in the mood.

"Okay, dear. Well, have a good day and I'll see you tonight. Love you." He says as he gives me a comforting smile.

"I'll try. Love you, too."

So, I guess this is going to be the start of the day. I grab my bag and keys off the counter and head to my car. I turn on the radio and it seems like I'm at the school in a matter of minutes. Butterflies fill my stomach and I feel nauseous. I groan to myself for getting worked up, and turn the car off.

I sit in my car for a few minutes and decide to get out after calming myself down. A flood of students are rushing into the building, they all seem excited and happy. But then there's me, wishing it was still summer. A boy with brown hair, who's not too tall, but not too short approaches me.

"Hey, I'm Stiles! Stiles Stilinski. I heard about your dads business here. I hear it's pretty popular." He chirps and laughs, I join in with him.

"Hey, I'm Ashlyn, and yes, my dads business is doing okay." I smile at him and laugh a little.

"Pretty name, Ashlyn." He says while walking inside the school.

I look at the paper with my locker number, and Stiles helps me find my locker. He stands there patiently while I put the water and bag of chips I brought for school today in my locker.

"Thanks for helping me around." I tell him and we head down the hall.

"No problem! What's your schedule?" I smile at him and hand him my schedule.

"We have all classes together. So, I can help you all day." He winks at me and then laughs.

"How awesome, I'll enjoy this, because you're quite funny." I laugh as I try to catch up to his fast walking.

"I get that a lot. Too often." He laughs and we walk into the first class of the day.