chapter 27.

We all continue talking and I go get some snacks for everyone. As I'm walking to the kitchen, it feels like someone's watching me. I ignore it, knowing that I'm only going to freak myself out if I continue to think about it or look back.

I grab the food and go back to the living room, putting it on the table and sit beside Isaac. He's being kind of distant and I can't be mad because he's probably stressed. If I wasn't friends with them and brought them into this, they'd be okay and wouldn't have to worry.

"You alright?" Scott asks me.

"Yeah, just thinking about stuff." I smile.

"Well, I think we should leave." Scott says and they all stand up. "It's getting late and we have school tomorrow, but maybe this weekend we can all come over?"

"Sounds like a plan." I smile and Stiles hugs me. I hug him back and laugh. He's always been so nice.

"You coming?" Scott asks Isaac. I didn't realize he was still sitting.

"No, I'm gonna stay here with her. Make sure nothing happens." I roll my eyes because i can handle myself.

"You can go, I'm a big girl, Isaac. I can handle whatever happens." I say.

"Really?" He fights back. "You needed me the last time someone broke in. I'm staying, get over it."

Wow, his mood has changed in no time. Scott tries his best to give me a smile and Stiles almost says something but Scott stops him.

Allison and Lydia wave bye and they all leave. I shut the door behind them and lock it. I turn the kitchen light off and then go upstairs. I'm annoyed and confused.

I change my clothes and for some reason, I want to cry. I just want to lay down and cry. That's exactly what I do, I walk to my bed and just cry. Over what? I'm not sure. Maybe my mom. Maybe I'm just stressed and crying is all I can do.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I start crying even harder. Isaac lifts my head up and wipes my tears.

"What's wrong?" He asks. "I didn't mean to snap earlier, I just....I wanna be here for you."

"I don't want you here, I don't want you to be the one who gets hurt. What would I do? It'd be my fault, that's why I wanted you to leave." I say and I'm not sure how I haven't ran out of tears yet.

Isaac gets up and walks over to my dresser. He looks annoyed, his eyebrows furrowed together and his arms crossed.

"Wait, so you want me to leave?"

"Yes. I just don't want anything to happen. I think it'd be better if we didn't even talk." My heart breaks after I say that. I don't want to be without Isaac, but if it's what keeps him safe, then it's something I have to do.

"You've got to be kidding me right now. You can't just give everything up because you're going through something. I'm not going to let you throw me away like everyone else does."

I stay silent, taking in what he just said. He must've read my mind because then he continued talking.

"My dad treated me like trash. Locked me in freezers, threw stuff at me, hit me... No one cared. No one was there for me. I had no one. No family, no friends, nothing. I was alone. And now you want to leave me to? I don't understand."

"Isaac, I'm sorr-" I start but I'm interrupted.

"No! Let me talk, Ashlyn. I don't get why just because you're going through something, you want me gone. Why is that? Why does everyone throw me away? Am I so bad that that's all people want to do with me?" He wipes his eyes and sits down at the computer desk, putting his head in his hands.

I stand up from the bed, making my way towards him slowly. He looks at me and I stop.

"Why?" He asks and all I want to do is hug him. I just want to hold him until I can't hold anymore because the boy in front of me has been through things that I couldn't imagine.

His eyes never leave me. Waiting for an answer but I don't have one.

"I don't want to throw you away, Isaac. I want you to be safe. Not stressed or in bad moods because of what's happening here. I never want to go a day without you."

"Then don't."

"What if you get hurt?"

"I won't."

"How do I know that?" I say. How does he know? No one knows what the next minute holds and losing him or seeing him hurt would kill me.

"You don't need to worry about me. I can't lose the one person I love simply because weird things are happening." Wait...love?

"You love me?" I ask.

"No..." He says. "Of course I love you. I haven't been this happy all my life and you've changed that. You've made me beyond happy."

I smile at his words and he holds his arms out, happy that he didn't cry because that would've broken me. I walk towards him and he pulls me to sit on his lap. He kisses my cheek and I just wrap my arms around his neck. Trying to get as close to him as I possibly can. I feel like I could cry. Not sure if it's happiness or what I just heard.

"Never leave me." He says and his voice cracks at the end, sounding like he's been crying. I look at him and sure enough, his eyes are red. He's been so tough, acting like nothing ever gets to him but tonight showed different.

"I never will. I promise." I say and kiss his cheek. He smiles and lifts me up, carrying me to the bed. He turns the light off and gets on top of me, both of his arms supporting him.

"Do you love me?" He asks and he should know the answer but for his sake, I answer with a nod.

"Say it, I wanna hear you say it." He says and kisses my forehead.

"I love you, Isaac." Saying that gives me butterflies and I smile at the thought.

He smiles and kisses my neck. Gently leaving kisses on my shoulders and I can't stop the way I'm feeling. My stomach is in knots and my face is probably red.

"You mean everything to me," he says and lifts up, taking his shirt off. "No one has ever meant so much to me. Only you."

I rub my fingers over his chest and then through his hair.

"You mean everything to me. I couldn't imagine myself without you," I say and his lips are against mine instantly.

This is the moment that we show each other how much we really do love each other. A moment that I wouldn't want to share with anyone else besides the one who means the most, Isaac Lahey.

~~~~

FINALLY NOTHING GOES WRONG

PLS VOTE. THIS CHAPTER WAS SUCH A STRUGGLE OMG IT WAS DELETED TWICE I WAS SO FRUSTRATED THAT I DIDNT WANT TO FINISH WRITING

THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT GUYS!!!!!! :-) ily all

Vote comment or w/e ^_^

Also don't worry if u think the next chapter is gonna be super smutty. It won't be. :-)