chapter 6.

Hours of watching movies, Isaac laughing at me, and me screaming at scary parts of the movies is what my day has consisted of. Isaac starts getting hungry and I tell him we can go out to eat or I could make something.

"What can you make?" He asks, a little smirk coming onto his face.

"I don't know, what do you want?" I say back.

"Well, I'd personally just like some burgers and fries. Even though you're probably a great cook, I'm just in the mood for fast food."

"Well, let's go get fries and a burger?"

"It's a deal." He says, smiling at me.

I get my shoes on, and even though I look like absolute crap, I don't really care. My day with Isaac has been so great and I couldn't be more happy than what I am right now. It's so nice being able to just sit around and watch movies all day.

...

We arrive at the restaurant and although the place seems dead, we still decide to eat and go to the store to get some more snack-like food. Isaac must think I don't have a kitchen because he's stocking up on stuff.

"I do have a kitchen, you know?" I ask, laughing at him as he grabs yet another item off the shelf.

"Yeah, but I don't want to eat your food, so..." He smiles.

"Isaac, you're MY guest, you're welcome to anything in the kitchen."

"Okay, but still."

"Shush, ugh." I say. As we make our way to the register, we see Scott and Allison. They wave at us and come speak to us.

"Yeah, we're having a night in, too." Allison says. I smile at her.

"Yeah. How're you feeling, ashlyn?" Scott asks, sounding concerned.

"I'm doing a lot better than before, still feeling sick though." I say and smile.

"Well, all in all, I hope you start to feel better. Allison and I have to get back, speak to you later?" He says and Allison and Scott both smile as they leave.

...

You can tell it's fall by the leaves falling off the trees and the cool air that came out of no where. I loved the cold seasons, I'm probably the only person who loves them though.

Isaac and I make our way back into my house and he goes to the kitchen to get some drinks. I sit in a chair while he makes his food. Somehow, even on the days he doesn't care about his appearance, he still looks amazing. The way the v-neck black shirt clings to his body, showing his collarbone, and how his hair looks so perfect even though it's had nothing done to it.

"Ashlyn?" He says, snapping me out of my thoughts of him. "Did you hear me?"

"No, sorry. I was thinking." of you. My conscious adds. "What'd you say?"

"Do you want something to eat?"

"No, I'll get it if I want anything. Thanks." I smile.

"Of course, ready to go watch movies?"

I smile and we go into the living room.

It's six and I'm sure Isaac will be going home soon, that makes me sad because I've had such a good day with him and I don't want it to end. He knows how to make me laugh and smile even when he's not trying.

We watch The Purge and talk throughout the movie.

"What would you do if this was real?" He asks.

"I'd be nice to every human-being I came into contact with." I laugh and he laughs too.

"That's not going to save you. You may be nice to them, but they could still hate you for something."

"Well, thanks. Jerk."

"I'll protect you, though." He winks.

"Thanks. I wouldn't protect you though." I laugh and he makes a pouty face. I would actually protect him though.

...

It's nine and Isaac gets up.

"Well, I'm going to go lay down."

"Huh?" I say back.

"Do you think I'm going to leave you here alone, while you're sick?" He smirks.

"You don't have to stay here. I'll be fine."

"Yeah, right. So, I'm taking your bed, cool?"

"Not cool."

I get up. Slowly making my way towards him, and when I'm right beside him, I take off running to my room. I slam my door in his face and I hear him open it slowly.

"Oh, you want to play games?"

Before I know it, I'm being lifted off of my bed and carried to my sofa.

He runs back to my bed and sprawls out, taking all of the bed up with his body. His tall figure being about the length of my bed.

I get up and push him over and climb onto the bed. "Get out of my bed." I say to him.

"No, make me." He fights back.

I go to push him but he grabs my hand before I can. He smiles and sits up.

"I'm not going anywhere. By the way, I sleep shirtless and you will have to get over that."

"Well, you're not going to be in my bed, so I don't have to worry about anything."

He laughs while taking his shirt off. His body is perfect. And I can't stop staring, which I should.

"I am sleeping in your bed."

"No, sleep on the sof-" he puts his fingers to my mouth before I can finish. His face is probably two inches from mine. His breathing is heavy from us play fighting, and he's looking into my eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere." He says and brings his face closer to mine.

Before I know it, his lips are against mine. They're soft. So soft. And before I know it, my lips are moving with his. All too quickly, he pulls back and lays down.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Well, I did. But I don't know. I just... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He repeats his apologies over and over.

"Isaac, Isaac. It's okay. I liked... I liked it. Don't be sorry. Calm down." I say. I did like it. It felt like it was supposed to happen. Like our lips belonged to one another.

"You liked it?" He smiles.

"Yes..." I say and lay back beside him.

He looks over and smiles. He scoots closer to me, turning on his side, and draping an arm over my waist and pulling me closer. He looks into my eyes and kisses my forehead.

I then bring myself into his chest, wrapping an arm around his back and we lay there in silence. A good silence. A silence that I could be in forever as long as I was like this.