chapter 17.

...

Isaac and I had decided to get on skype instead of talk on the phone. I felt more safe this way somehow. I don't know why, maybe it's because I could actually see him. I get up and lock the door that way no one will come in and snoop through my things, because that's how my family is.

"Babe?" Isaac says. That's the first time he's called me babe. It doesn't seem like Isaac would call me that, but it gave me butterflies.

"Yeah?"

"Where'd you go?"

"Just getting my book!"

I sit back down. It looks like Isaac is watching tv, the phone propped up against something and Isaac is sitting on a bed with his legs crossed.

He tells me he'll stay on skype with me for the night. I agree and we just do our own thing. I read for awhile and Isaac watches tv. I hear the floorboards creaking and it's so much creepier at this time of night. I bet my grandma is awake. She always gets up at some point in the night.

I put my book on the table and put my phone against a pillow.

"I'm going to watch a little more tv, the noise won't bother you, will it?" He asks while bringing the phone closer to him.

"No, go ahead. But I'll probably fall asleep." I smile.

"Go ahead, love. You need it! I'll be here when you wake up. I may not be awake, but I'll be here." He smiles and blows me a kiss. I laugh at his gesture and blow one back.

I fall asleep to the sound of Isaac's tv and the soft laughs of his occasionally.

...

I wake up and hear talking downstairs. Remembering that Isaac and I had decided to fall asleep with each other on skype, I turn over to look at the phone. I'm still not completely awake and my eyes haven't adjusted yet, but I see something red on Isaac's pillow.

I get up and walk to my bathroom, I splash my face with cold water. Waking myself up completely and returning back to my bed.

A scream escapes my lips as I see Isaac's mouth had been split open from ear to ear. I scream and scream but he's not replying. He's dead. How could this happen?!

...

I wake up hoping and praying that when I see the phone, Isaac will be sleeping. There won't be anything red on the pillows and Isaac's mouth will be normal. I slowly turn to look at the camera and see Isaac is sleeping. He looks perfectly find and I am beyond relieved. That dream has me scared completely.

It's only four in the morning so I decide to lay back down and try to get as much sleep as I possibly can. I cuddle up in the covers and smile. Isaac's lips slightly open, his arm over his eyes, and the way he has a pillow against him makes me smile even harder.

I can't wait to see my mom later today, Isaac has been here for me through more than what anyone else has been. I feel my eyes getting heavy and I'm asleep.

...

I wake up and Isaac is still asleep. I decide to end the call and text him.

"Going to shower and get ready! Hope you sleep well, thanks for staying on there last night." I send to him and end the message with a smiley face.

...

We have been sitting at the hospital for two hours waiting for my moms results. I'm still super confused on what's even wrong, but she has been getting better and that's all that matters to me.

"Ash, go eat. Take Rae and them with you." My mom says to me while flipping through the channels on tv. My dad had went somewhere for my mom so I decided to stay with her.

"Are you sure?" I look up at her.

"Yeah, I'll be fine"

"I'll be back as soon as I can. Love you." I smile and she smiles back.

I tell Rae and a few other family members that we can go eat and that I'd meet them in the cafeteria.

I go into the bathroom, deciding to splash a little cold water against my face because my eyes have been trying to betray me and close all day.

I hear a voice say my name and I turn around, looking under the stalls to see if anyone had came in here.

"Rae?"

~~~~~~

WOWOWOOWOOW WHATGGGGTTTTTTTTTT YAY ASHLYNS MOM YEAH WOO ISAAC BEING A LIL QT AW OKAY ILY AND THANK YOU FOR THE READS IM SO CLOSE TO 1,000 READS SO IF THIS CHAPTER GETS 6 VOTES I WILL DO A FREEAKING TRIPLE UPDATE!!!! ILY GUYS AND THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN VOTING