An Unwanted Reunion

It has been a week since my alpha came into Ethan's territory and things are quiet and Seth is recovering nicely I went to apologize to him for what my alpha did a few times but he insisted that it wasn't my fault.

"Hey Audrey you busy," I said popping my head into her room since I had a key to her house.

"Oh hey Val what's up," Audrey said as she turned around.

"Well, I was wondering if you could tell me about something," I said.

"Sure what do you wanna know about," Audrey said she had become my information centre anything I needed to know I went to her.

"Imprinting," I said.

"Oh well that is a touchy subject," Audrey said.

"I know but my old pack didn't exactly care you could imprint on someone but if they weren't your mate then it didn't matter," I said.

"I get it well what I can tell you there is this thing were at summit meetings we go over those who have claimed to have felt the imprint the alpha will investigate all of the personly as everyone is different but he can always tell when someone has imprinted," Audrey said.

"Have you imprinted on anyone?" I asked.

"Ha trust me if I imprinted on anyone they would know see when you imprint on someone there is this feeling you get towards them like you wanna be around them all the time like you will do anything to protect them it is like love but stronger," Audrey said and my suspicion was confirmed.

"Thanks," I said.

"U'm your welcome," Audrey said confused.

I left her house and made my way back to Rylee's I was walking down the road and ran into a person I hoped I could avoid while Rylee wasn't around.

"Grayson," I said hoping I got his name right

"Ahhh you remembered I'm touched," He said.

"You want something?" I asked bluntly.

"Just keeping my eye on you from time to time," Grayson said

"Why," I said glaring at him.

"To keep the balance in this world," He said clearly trying to provoke me.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I said now scowling at him.

"It means that he still sees you as a threat," Said Rylee as she came up from behind me.

"She is still an unknown," Grayson said.

"Then let me assure you that she is known to me as someone who can kick your ass without even using our heightened senses," Rylee said.

"Fiar enough later cutie," He said and I gaged at the word cutie.

"Hey did Jace send you to grab me or something," I said.

"Nah just felt like going for a hunt with Lily but she bailed on me so now I'm out here for a walk, wanna join me," Rylee said and I couldn't resist.

"Absolutely," I said with a smile.

The tow of us walked side by side in a comfortable silence for a few moments until Rylee broke the silence.

"You hungry," Rylee said.

"Not really I was talking to Audrey and I got some info that has kind of killed my appetite," I said.

"What were you talking about," Rylee asked.

"I was wondering how imprinting works in this pack," I said.

"Oh well, that will give you something to think about," Rylee said.

"What was it like when you imprinted on Lily," I asked.

"Oh I didn't imprint on Lily or anyone for that matter," Rylee said and my eyes widened.

"So you haven't found your mate then," I said.

"Oh no Lily can almost most definitely be my mate I just need to wait until I imprint on her but if I end up imprinting on someone else I will have a hard time telling her," Rylee said.

"Well, I hope than I can imprint on someone that I can resonate well with, kind of like you," I said not letting it slip that I like her.

"Like me," Rylee said.

"Yeah you know you and me get along so well so I would prefer to imprint on someone I get along with or someone I have feelings for," I said.

"Yeah I hear ya," Rylee said.

"You mentioned Lily bailing on you for a hunt," I said.

"Yeah," Rylee said.

"Well as long as we go after a big kill I guess I can accompany you for a hunt," I said.

"Oh yeah, and what count's as a big kill for a wild werewolf," Rylee said.

"Anything from a lamb upwards in size will do," I said and Rylee nodded.

We made a pit stop at her place to strip before sifting and running off into the woods behind her house we ran through the woods until we both caught the scent of a deer. We decided to use a pincer movement one I had done mutable times with my father when he took me hunting with him in the past I moved into my position hiding in the long grass. Rylee was behind and I was in front the deer was just there head down the neck exposed and told Rylee that if she wanted a quick kill she should aim for the part where the neck becomes the shoulder.

I let out a growl to grab the attention of the deer giving Rylee a clearer shot she sprang from the bushes landing on the deer's back a bit down right where I told her I saw the deer moves its head and saw my opportunity I bit down on the same place as Rylee but underneath where she was. The deer tried to struggle but each move it made only caused our teeth to sink deeper into its neck and soon I could hear the heartbeat getting slower until it stopped at which point we both looked down at a good kill.

"I'm surprised Rylee," I said.

"What do you mean?" Rylee said.

"Just the fact that you hunt like a wild werewolf that was a well-aimed bite," I said.

"Well me and Issac have been hunting together for a long time but when he became the Beta he no longer had time so I had to hunt alone and I learnt a few things did your dad teach you to hunt like that," Rylee said.

"Yeah...he did," I said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to," Rylee said not finishing.

"It's fine he taught me well," I said.

Then a wolf jumped from the bushed and I was stunned by what I saw it said something but all I was able to utter was one word, one word I thought I would never say ever again

"Mum"