Stained Fur

I looked around the woods using the trick that my father had taught me to see the forest without moving I stood as Ethan and Issac waited I see a flash of orangey-red and my eyes open.

"Follow me" I snap and I dart off into the woods Ethan and Issac following close behind.

I knew exactly where I saw the fur that reminded me of my oldest friend and where he was likely heading knowing that I was now after him, he was always very predictable. I ran to the edge of the wood but still deep enough in the wood to be hidden I see off in the distance A red and orange getting closer and closer I jump in a last attempt and land on a fox pinning it to the ground.

"Huh should have known that you would be the one to catch me I took pride in not being able to outrun a descendant of a true alpha after all," He said as I got off him and Ethan and Issac met me at my sides.

"A fox we were chasing a fucking fox," Issac said.

"That's werefox to you wolf," He said.

"Werefox doesn't exist," Issac said.

"Issac if you can't believe what is in front of your own eyes there may not be a point to you having eyes in the first place, Ethan Issac meet Garritt the werefox my most loyal and oldest friend," I said.

"At your service lady alpha" Garritt bowing his head.

"Not the alpha he is," I said as Ethan took a step forward.

"I see," Garritt said.

"Garritt, was it, mind telling me what you hope to get out of trespassing on my territory," Ethan said.

"I mean none of you any harm I am simply here to talk to Val and ask her for her help to keep a promise she made to me," Garritt said looking dead at me.

"You don't have to ask you know I will but I want to know what a have to help with so I may fully prepare," I said.

"One of the druids has turned on to the dark path and become a dark druid and my people believe that his next target will be us me and my people I need your help to protect them," Garritt said.

"You want my help to protect your people from a darach a dark druid," I said confused.

"I know what I'm asking it is a big ask which is also why I was hoping you were the alpha so that you could get your pack to help us," Garritt said.

"You know what a darach can do to one of us," I said.

"Thay can take away the part of us that is wolf making us human" Ethan said.

"I know but I can't lose my family," Garritt said.

"We will help," Ethan said.

"We will?" Me and Issac said.

"I have had a run-in with a darach in the past I know how to defeat them and their weak points but it will take all of us to do it gather the pack we are having an emergency summit meeting," Ethan said me and Issac nodded before we ran off.

I ran straight to Rylee she was all I could think about and I had to make sure that she was okay I had only heard rumours of how powerfully dangerous the darach were but if what Ethan said is true then the darach are more deadly than dangerous.

"Rylee," I said I had sifted and put on my clothes with far more speed than I knew was possible.

"Val" I heard Rylee call out as she peeked in from behind a wall.

I went straight to hug her I held her tight and had no intention of ever letting her go she returned the hug and looked at me before kissing me I kissed back and soon pulled back. I told her the situation and she seemed to be okay with most of it but I could tell that the fact that she or any one of us could lose that which made us werewolves was scaring her.

"Don't worry I will protect you no matter what happens I will not let this darach touch you," I said hugging her.

"Thanks," Rylee said kissing me.

We broke apart and I went to round up the others including my mother though I didn't stay long just told her to get going and left she seemed to understand why. I got to the meeting and Issac nodded as he saw that I had told Rylee that I would protect her I took my seat in the Delta position with Rylee by my side.

"Well, then it looks like you are all here so I won't waste time this pack will be soon going to war those of you who have heard of the druids before know what happens when one turns to the dark side well one has and is on his way," Ethan said getting murmurs from the whole group.

"We are not his first stop but that does not mean we are going to sit here and wait for him to show up with the help of a pack of werefoxes we will be taking care of him before he even gets within 50 feet of our town" Ethan said.

"Those of you who don't know what a werefox is let me give you a brief explanation they are the same as us with one difference when they shift they take the form of a fox rather than a wolf," I said standing up.

"Right and Garritt her is the werefox that came to us for help," Ethan said as Garritt came into the centre from out of the circle

I only now realise that this is the first time I have seen his human form I won't have known it was him if the boy in front of me didn't reek of Garrett's sent and fox fur.

"I can tell you know that I know for a fact that the darach is on his way however his goal does not seem to be to wipe the supernatural out like most dark druids if it was he would have attacked the pack in the frozen tundra that is before my pack however he just walked right passed them so whatever his goal is we are in the way in one way or another" Garritt said and then Issac came up to me.

"Got a question," He said with his famed bluntness which I had grown fond of.

"Shoot," I said.

"The werefox his fur is there a reason that the red looks more like a stain than a natural colourisation," He said and I sighed.

"It's blood a long time ago his sister and he were attacked by a few mountain lions and they tyred to fight until their parents arrived they did but his sister didn't make it the red is her blood," I said.