Family Pride

It took only moments before the whole area had whipped up into a frenzy of barks and wines sadly as I feard Austin was far stronger than I remembered and I feared Rylee couldn't handle him but luckily Ethan was helping her. I jumped at Aron landed on top of him I bit down on his neck he was somehow able to shake me off risking his own neck but he seemed to be fine and was ready to attack again. We ran at each other our fronts ramming into each other we clawed and scraped at each other I dug my claws into his side and he howled in pain before we broke apart and got ready for a second attack.

"You have come far white one," Aron said.

"Today here and now I will avenge my father" I growled at him bearing my teeth.

"Avenge, you may what to rethink that," Aron said.

"Why, think you can beat me," I said snapping at him.

"Not at all I just think you will find it hard to avenge someone who isn't dead, not yet," Aron said.

"Bull shit I saw you kill my father I saw you tare his head from his shoulders" I sapped growling with each word as my anger grew.

"Yes I killed a man that day but that man was not you farther," Aron said and as he did I realised all the others had stopped and are now listening to what he said.

"What the hell are you talking about," I said.

"On the day you were born by the waterfall in the cave of the wolf your mother decided that your father was unfit to be your protector when she was off messing around with those damn Druids, so she gave you a fake father a relative of you family was chosen to step in as your father while your real father was sent a lesser rank of the pack, however, your dear old dad was smart took his time studied your fack farther and built a group of trustworthy and loyal followers and then waited for his time to strike," Aron said.

"How is it that you know so much you one of his first or early followers," I said.

"No, I was that man I am your father" Aron I said.

I was shocked as I went over everything he said I began to put the pieces together all of it everything he said was true it made sense I felt so cold like I was about to break down I was brought back by Ethan's voice.

"QUIT MESSING HER MIND" Ethan roared as he ran at Aron.

"ETHAN NO DON'T" I yelled but it was too late Ethan was dead that's how Aron fight's he makes you mad with anger and then when you attack blinded by rage he strikes.

"YOU BASTARD," Issac said I tried to stop him but something else did something familiar, Roots!

I turned to see my mother standing in her wolf from next to the druid he was back in his robes and had his book with him but he wasn't attacking Issac merely stopping him from getting close to Aron.

"Mum what the hell are you doing especially with him," I said.

"He is here to help I have made a deal with him," My mother said.

"Yes I am here to help you deal with these wolves and then your mother has offered her self as the price for me leaving you in peace forever," Said the druid.

"Val before we talk about this We need to take care of your uncle," My mother said.

"Forget it mother I know who he really is," I said.

"I see in that case," My mother said the druid nodded released Issac and trapped the other wolfs and on the other side of a wall of roots.

"Mother what are you doing?" I said.

"Something I should have done a long time ago," My mother said as she moved towards the wall.

"Mother no as the alpha it is my job to protect my pack," I said.

"And as a mother, it is my job to protect my child," My mother said

The roots opened just enough for her to move through them then they closed behind her I cried out for her not to do this I tried to brack the roots but the druid had made them strong. I heard the sound of wolves fighting I turn to the druid and he looked at me and then encased me in roots to keep me from attacking him I pushed and clawed at the roots crying out for him to let me out and to save my mother. Nothing the roots did not budge I soon gave up from exhaustion another hour and the roots retruded to the ground I got up and looked around my father was dead as were most of his pack just a few omegas left. I was happy until I realised why they were the only ones standing my mother she had fallen to those omegas she was there laying on the ground in a pool of her own blood, dead. That was it the one thing that made me completely breakdown I don't remember much after that I remember crying and then I tried to move to my mother but my body was stiff and then I fell to the ground and blacked out completely.

I woke up back in my house I was in bed and Rylee was sleeping next to me with her arms around me we were both clothed and in human form, I sat up thinking that this was all a dream but when Issac came in with a sad look on his face I knew better.

"Hey Val we should talk," Issac said and I nodded getting out of bed and got out careful not to wake Rylee.

"Well to start I guess I will formally invite you to Ethan's funeral," Issac said sitting in my living room.

"Right," I said hardly audible.

"Your mum will also be given a funeral," Issac said.

"When is the funeral," I asked.

"It's two days from now so you have some time to recover but after the funeral is a matter of greater importance, without Ethan the rest of us are Alpha less I have had a talk with them and they all agree that you would be a good choice as our new alpha, without Ethan we are without purpose or protection so please I ask you to take up the offer and become our new alpha," Issac said.

"What about the druid," I said.

"Gone took those omegas that were left from your fathers pack with him they won't bother us again and neither will he," Issac said before leaving.