Open Wound

I was fast asleep in Rylee's arms and she was in mine Leo (The name I gave our kitten) was sleeping in his box I guess if he likes it in there he can keep it until I get him a real bed. I wasn't dreaming at first but I soon began seeing things a first it was like swirling smoke and then it was a black forest normally this wouldn't bother me but it felt off. I walked around and soon realised I was in my wolf form I looked around I was alone this felt so real I thought I had sleepwalked into this forest was this real. I suddenly felt something behind me but when I turn there was nothing there then I heard a growl I turned and froze it was my uncle he was there standing over a dead wolf but something was wrong it was me I was dead at his feet. I shot up my eyes blinking wildly as I looked around making sure that I was in my room I put my hand to my forehead sweat not surprising that was one hell of a nightmare.

"Hey what's wrong babe," Rylee said must have woken her up.

"Nothing just a bad dream," I said.

"What about?" Rylee said.

"Doesn't matter but I now know what I need to do," I said.

"What do you mean," Rylee asked.

"Well I don't need to teach you but my friends are as far as I know a little green and I have no way to gauge those kids I will need to teach them all to fight... will you help me," I asked.

"Of course," Rylee said.

"Meow"

"Hahahaha looks like Leo wants to help too," Rylee said as I picked up Leo who had now made it to the side of our bed.

"I could never thank you enough for this I have always loved animals," I said as I set Leo down on my lap and he rolled around on to his back.

"Trust me last night was thanks enough," Rylee said kissing me.

"You perve," I said with a laugh.

"Maybe but only for you," Rylee said.

Later when the sun had risen me and Rylee shifted and ran into the forest and found a nice open spot with lots of room for us to train the others I let out a howl to call them all to me and they soon arrived all their wolf forms.

"Good, now that you are all here I might as well tell you why," I said and the others stood at attention.

"May I take a guess?" Mia said.

"You may," I said.

"You are here to train us up so that we are ready for a fight that is no doubt on its way," Mia said.

"Correct you all need to improve to start off with I will say one thing all those who do not wish to fight may opt to leave but before you decide let me make it clear who we are fighting, it will be my old pack for some of you that will mean fighting your families and for others, it will mean going up against one of the most terrifying and bloodthirsty wolfs out there," I said.

"We made a promise to ourselves when we joined your pack to stand by you no matter the cost I am sure the others can agree that we all owe you our lives for giving us a place in a pack that respects us and sees us like family and not soldiers," Mia said and the others nodded.

"What about you," I asked turning to the kids who were huddled around Jess, as it seemed she had now become their leader.

"We'll fight," Jess said after a quick look at the kids with no fear in their eyes.

"Thank you," I said with a nod that Jess returned.

"So how is this going to work," Mia asked.

"I'm going to teach you to fight Rylee here will be teaching you a lot," I said turning to the kids.

"But first some info about the pack we will be up against," Rylee said reminding me.

"Right first and foremost they will outnumber us I am not sure by how many but do not let that worry you, I will explain why later second is about the alpha leave him to me he's mine... also when fighting them do not hesitate to attack because they won't they will use everything they can to their advantage, which is why I will teach you the same, another thing is that they have spent most of their time in their wolf forms so they will be better at using their senses and that is why you use your heads, attack their minds turn them on one another if they are fighting each other their numbers will count for nothing," I said.

"I have a question," Jess said.

"Ask away," I said.

"You said to leave the alpha to you cant you just challenge him alpha to alpha asking us to let you handle him means that you know you can beat him," Jess said.

"In truth, I don't think I can the reason I want you to leave him to me is to avoid losing any of you, I can hold him off but I can't beat him so while I will be keeping him occupied you can take care of the rest after that he will be all that's left making him an easy target," I said.

"Anyway that's, not important what is important is finding out what kind of fighters you are so we are going to put you all through some drills to get a good read on you so to start off you lot and I are going to do some laps," Rylee said as she took Jess and the kids to run around the area we were standing in.

"What about us," Owen asked.

"Well after being in the same pack for some of the best and worst years of my life I already know what kind of fighters you are," I said.

"So what's the problem?" Mia said.

"The problem is that you are a little green when it comes to actually fighting to win," I said with a chuckle.

"Win now," Mia said.

"Wining to not kill I don't want you to kill them just incapacitate them that way I can win this fight with only one death on my mind, his," I said.

There was a small pause as I contemplated what that really ment and then I felt them all closer to me I looked up and they all bowed it was a sign of support and submission showing that they would give their life for me we all did it to my uncle when he took power. I was taken aback at first but soon realised why they were doing this so I returned the bow and they all raised their head and I could see in their eyes that they had made peace with their past and that they were ready.