Why I Left

I woke up and looked around the room and then I remembered that this is the room Rylee said I could sleep in I looked out the window and the sun was already high in the sky. Thanks to my years of being in the wild I determined that it was around midday I got up and left the room and I could smell something good so I followed the sent to the kitchen and saw Rylee, Issac and Shara sitting at the table.

"Look whos up," Rylee said.

"About time," Said Issac said.

"Issac either be nice or shut it," Rylee said.

"Whatever" Issac said.

"Well come on in sit down we made lunch," Shara said.

"Thanks," I said sitting down and Rylee puts a plate in front of me.

"No problem now sausages or bacon?" Rylee said with a frying pan in her hand.

"Um, bacon I guess" I sad and she put three sizzling strips on my plate.

I looked around and saw the others were using the knife and fork on the table I had never used them my self I looked at the knife and fork but I was lost.

"Let me guess you've never used a knife a fork before have you," Rylee said with a laugh.

"Not exactly," I said looking to the side more embarrassed than angry.

"Let me show you," Rylee said as she walked up to me.

Rylee stood behind me she took my hands in hers and I felt how soft her hands were she put the knife and fork in the right hands and then moved my fingers to the right position. She then moved my hand and showed me how to use the knife and fork to cut the food it to bite-size chunks that would easily fit in my mouth.

"There easy see," She said with a bright smile that made me blush.

"Hey, Rylee I was hoping to ask why you gave me these clothes," I said.

"Oh well you see Ethan wants you in our pack your knowledge of the wild will be an asset to us what you know could help us protect us against the hunters," Rylee said.

"You mean you want what I know about the antidots to wolfsbane," I said making them all look at me in shock.

"You have antidots to wolfsbane," Issac said.

"The healers in my pack studied the stuff so much that they were able to find ways to nullify the effects," I said.

"Issac go tell Ethan," Rylee said still in shock.

"Got it," Issac said as he left the house.

"What's up why are you so surprised?" I asked.

"Well you know what wolfsbane is to us it's basically poison," Rylee said.

"Yeah but all positions have an antidote you just have to look for it," I said.

"Is she right?" Rylee said turning to Shara.

"Well as it turns out any natural poison like some types of berries and mushrooms things that occur naturally do have antidotes to them all of them," Shara said.

"We need to get some of the healers here and you need to tell them everything you know," Rylee said pointing at me.

"Um, I will not be much help I don't know much," I said.

"Doesn't matter wolfsbane has been a huge problem for our pack all the way back to when Ethan started it whatever you can tell us will be a huge help and an asset," Rylee said.

"And at the same time, you will be decreasing the number of weapons in the hunter's arsenal... I'll go round them up," Shara said.

"Thanks," Rylee said and then it was just the two of us.

"Um so do you have a boyfriend or something like your brother has a girlfriend?" I asked stuttering like an idiot.

"No I don't have a boyfriend I don't like boys I do however have a girlfriend," Rylee said and my heart sank I felt betrayed.

"Oh that's cool," I said needing to say something.

"Yeah none of the boys here are boyfriend material anyway," Rylee said.

"If Issac is anything to go by I wasn't expecting them to be," I said.

"How about you?" Rylee asked.

"Me well like you I like girls," I said.

"Okay cool but is there no one in your old pack that you felt some attraction to?" Rylee said.

"I'll tell you as long as you don't tell another living soul," I said.

"I promise," Rylee said sitting down.

"Well, there are two reasons that I left my pack the first is because I couldn't take the hell I was going through it was run away or die and I have too much self-respect to take death lying down. The second is because I overheard one of the Delta's talking about giving me a mate, in other words, forcing one on me forcing me to mate with someone I hardly knew or didn't like. There are only a few wolves left in my pack that don't have mates and they are the most despicable and horrifying people on the face of the earth having to mate with one of them and I probably would have died," I said as I looked down as the tears threatened to fall.

I looked down at the table and then I felt myself being lifted up and pulled into a hug the hug was warm and loving I couldn't hold it wrapped my arms s around Rylee and cried into her top. It was the first time I had cried since I was 7 I was always strong-willed but somehow her loving hug had stripped all those walls down like they were paper.

"Don't worry you're safe and I promise that that will never happen I will personally make sure of that," She said as she rested her chin on my shoulder.

"Thanks, Rylee thank you," I said as I pulled away and wiped my eyes smiling at her.

"Anytime," Rylee said as she rubbed me on the head.

"Rylee, Rylee are you here" A girl's voice called out.

"I know that voice," Rylee said her face lighting up.

Rylee looked out the window and then ran out the door and I followed her out to see her in a hug with a gorgeous blond before the blond pulls away slightly and kisses Rylee long and passionately.

"Lily I'm so happy your back how was your vacation?" Rylee asked.

I felt forgotten at this moment so I stepped back into the house and waited for them as my heart broke seeing that could not compete with Lily's beauty.