The Prophecy 8.3

It didn’t take long for Qiao Chen to fall asleep. Dawn arrived and the palace servants were already up and busy. However, the guests and the owner of the palace had yet to awaken. Therefore, each servant did their best not to make any noise. This mean that it was a very quiet morning in the Crown Prince’s palace. A particularly harsh sound of glass shattering disturbed Qiao Chen from his slumber. He didn’t allow himself to sleep so deeply in this room and immediately opened his eyes.

Roughly 10 seconds after the sound of glass breaking, a shrill scream cut through the morning tranquility. It was like a knife had cut through a calm and beautiful oil painting. The seemingly quiet and peaceful morning was utterly ruined.

“Farley! Farley!” A voice yelled out in panic. The voice didn’t have a deep, low sound like that of a man, but it wasn’t as high pitched or shrill as a woman’s scream either. It wasn’t difficult for Qiao Chen to deduce that voice was from a gher.

The cry echoed throughout the palace like a sonic boom. Nearly all the guests in the palace’s main building woke up from it, and a servant soon came over to check on the situation.

Mandy stood by the window and screamed as he sobbed. He immediately ran out to the balcony. Mandy’s body was precariously hanging off the balcony railing as he sobbed out Farley’s name loudly. He seemed very flustered and didn’t seem to notice the state of his undress nor did he realize that the traces of last night’s deeds littered and dripped off his body. Mandy was in a state of utter panic. Farley suddenly rushed out and slammed through the glass balcony doors. Then he jumped off the balcony. Mandy didn’t understand what was happening, and shrieked in surprise.

When the butler arrived, he saw Farley faced down on the lawn. His body was scratched by all the glass from the balcony, but his wellbeing was overall unknown. The butler paled in fear. He didn’t know whether Farley was alive or not. Cold sweat quickly covered his body ask he quickly planned the next steps to take. He immediately had one servant bring a first aid kit and the other servants bring Farley back into the room for treatment.

Everything happened very suddenly and very quickly. The guests who took too long to get up only had time to reach their own balconies and see the image of a naked Farley being carried back into the palace. The ones who were more alert, like Tang Ao for example, were already stood at the balcony or floor to ceiling windows when they heard Mandy’s initial screams. This group was able to witness Farley fall from the balcony to the grass below. They were also the ones who immediately rushed downstairs to take a closer look at the situation.

The onlookers weren’t very concerned about Farley’s injuries per say. However, they needed to know whether or not he had died. If the crown prince and sole heir to the empire had died, then they’d have to make a new plan or switch their initial intentions.

Tang Ao was also naturally concerned about whether or not Farley had died, so he personally went to check on the situation. However, he also had another motive. There was still that person that had snatched his heart from the day before. Tang Ao looked up at the balcony and was relieved to find that the person sobbing and half hanging from the balcony was not the angelic and pure looking Jovin.

Tang Ao shifted his gaze to look over at Farley’s master bedroom. There was a vague figure of a person standing behind the curtains of the French windows.

Qiao Chen had been standing by the French windows the entire time and watched as everything unfolded. He was about to turn around to get ready for when the servants brought Farley’s body in, but noticed that Tang Ao’s line of sight suddenly shifted over to him. Their eyes seemed to meet. Qiao Chen was startled.