Interstellar Musicians: Competing with a Musical Genius 3.7

Qiao Chen was drinking tea in the courtyard and going over his music sheet when the housekeeper came over and notified him of a guest’s arrival. Then, the housekeeper asked whether Qiao Chen would see them. The said guest was none other than Qiao Chen’s father, Mudaru Correa.

Qiao Chen thought to himself ‘The visit’s timing was just too good.’ Mudaru should have long known that he had already returned to the capital, but he only came to see him now. He was just as always: a hypocritical person who only puts his own wants and needs before others’. Although Qiao Chen didn’t want really want to see the man, he still decided to after much thought. Qiao Chen had the housekeeper see Mudaru to the living to wait.

“Qiaoxi, it’s been so long since I’ve finally been able to see you.” Mudaru exclaimed. He looked very excited when he saw Qiao Chen enter.

Qiao Chen looked at him coldly and sat on the sofa.

“Has your mother returned with you?” Mudalu probed.

“You have no place to even talk about my mother. If you have anything to say, then talk to me.” Qiao Chen replied indifferently.

“How can you talk to me like that? I am your father.” Mudaru said somewhat unhappily.

“You only call yourself my father when you want something, but I don’t want to be your son at all.” Qiao Chen replied as he received a teacup from the servant and then took a sip.

“You…” Mudaru sputtered. He was angry with Qiaoxi’s attitude, but he focused his thoughts on his reason for coming here today. He stopped himself and then spoke, “I heard that you you’ve become very close to Prince Augea after your return.”

“Yes. So what?”

“Even if Augea is only the Emperor’s royal brother, he still has authority and power. However, you are an unmarried gher. It’s not good to be so close to him. I will take you out more later……”

“It’s not good to be too close to Augea?” Qiao Chen interrupted. “So it’s good that Ferney is very close to Dayton? You can take care of and manage your other son. I won’t let you manage my affairs.” How could Qiao Chen not know what he was trying to do? He wanted to double dip by relying on the royal power while still secretly siding with the opposition. All of this, so he could take advantage of both sides and receive the most benefits. “You’re nothing but a regular businessman. You don’t even have the qualifications to attend an upper-class dinner party. Who else can bring you anywhere except me? Look, I’ll only tell you this advice because we carry the same blood: Be an upright and honest man and stay away from those sinister and cunning people you keep playing with in the dark. Otherwise, sooner or later, you’ll be played with ‘till you’re practically dead and then killed off.”

Mudaru’s face turned very ugly, but Qiaoxi now had Prince Augea on his side. His might be more useful than Ferney right now. He put his anger aside and used a gentler tone with Qiaoxi to speak, “Are you treating me like this because of your mother’s and my divorce? You mother and I had a very complicated problem. You can’t just listen to her side of things. I’m not the only one who made mistakes….”

“I just said that you had no right to even mention my mother!” Qiao Chen roughly put his cup down on the coffee table. The tea in the cup sloshed around and spilled out. “My mother has never mentioned you after we left the capital because she was afraid of sullying her mouth with your name. Do you think I’m still as ignorant as I was when I was four or five years old? Do you think I don’t remember you and Ferney’s mother committing adultery at home? Or that I wouldn’t remember how you threatened me to keep my mouth shut after Ferney destroyed my spiritual strength?”