Interstellar Military Cadets 5.15

The soldiers removed the mech shields from each of the Willisantoan cadets. Then, all of the cadets, including Danny, were forced onto the Kendosian airship.

“Welcome aboard.” Captain Topaz greeted his new captives. He was the Kendosian captain of the ‘Hero Corps’.

“Captain. The Lion Corps sent a message. They said that if we don’t release their men back to them, then they will attack us.” A soldier rushed up and reported.

“Attack us? Let them. I’ve been waiting for a good fight.” Topaz ordered. “Have everyone prepare for battle. We will initiate an attack sequence within ten minutes even if the other party has not.”

“What the hell are you trying to do?” Chad asked angrily.

“Relax. I only brought you all here to play a little game.” Topaz smiled. Then he threw a laser gun to the ground and said, “I’ll let one of you six go. However, that one must kill the other five before I let them leave.”

Chad and the others looked at each other. They couldn’t believe Topaz’s ultimatum. Wasn’t this supposed to be a competition? Why was he going this far?

“You’ll have 2 minutes to think it over. Whoever grabs the gun first and kills the other five will be able to leave alive. If no one picks up the gun within two minutes, then all of you will die.”

Danny rushed to pick up the gun once Topaz finished talking. Then he turned around and pointed it at the others.

“What are you doing Danny?” Chad asked in shock and looked at Danny in disbelief.

“I’m sorry Chad. I want to live.” Danny replied. His hand was trembling because of his injuries, but his eyes showed his resolve to murder them all.

“So you’re going to kill all of us? Do you really think that they’ll let you go if you kill us?” Benji roared angrily at Danny. “You said it yourself. Don’t you remember your words? ‘It’s all for the empire’s glory and honor.’ I really regret that I didn’t see your true face before. Everything you did was for you and you alone.”

Topaz watched with interest. They had all began arguing so quickly, so he thought they might say something fun for him to hear. He had his men continue the live broadcast and let it go to the Willisantoan network too. He wanted to show both nations how the supposedly great Willisantoan cadets fought and argued amongst themselves. This was a little bonus for the Kendosian Empire.

“I wanted to do all of that for the Willisantoan Empire. But what’s the point of glory and honor if I’m dead? What’s wrong with me wanting to survive? To live? Besides, they’ll kill us all anyways if we don’t do it. When you’re dead, what does it matter if they were the ones who killed you or me?” Danny knew that the Hero Corps’ captain might not stay true to his word. He didn’t care. There was still that small hope that he could survive. He wasn’t going to throw his life away in case Topaz really meant what he said.

“Danny. This is the most hypocritical thing you’ve said in your life. You’ve really gone above and beyond to show me how shameless you truly are. You’ve even exceeded what I thought was possible.” Qiao Chen said calmly and coldly.

Danny turned the gun to Qiao Chen and said, “Do you know how much I hate you? Why do you get such a happy childhood? Why do you get a happy family and I don’t? Why do you have all the rich and upper-class friends when I couldn’t? I’m better than you in every way. My abilities are far superior to yours too! Why? Why did you get General Au Luo’s personal training? How can someone as useless as you get his attention?”